Poll on whether people still travel to Mexico

joester

2 salty dawgs
would have liked to post -
with our "other" travels already this year (sailing in Bahamas), we're not sure when our next trip to Mexico will be. We had wanted to spend 2 weeks in San Carlos in October, but waited too long to book our timeshare, so now we've made plans to go to New Orleans then instead. We have
plans already made to travel to Washington State and the Columbia river Gorge in May, so that month is out.
fortunately, the Ranch Market in Phoenix has a pretty steady supply of flounder, so we're able to take care of that fix here locally.
have switched from tequila and margaritas to rum drinks (Goombay Smash - go ahead and google it) since our trip last month to Abaco islands.
it might be Thanksgiving again before we get back - just not sure.
at any rate - we're happy to have plans, and by no means are the horrible stories any reason we're not heading south, just a lot of other places we want to visit.
will keep in touch - we'll be back sometime down the road....

joester

2 salty dawgs
would have liked to post -
with our "other" travels already this year (sailing in Bahamas), we're not sure when our next trip to Mexico will be. We had wanted to spend 2 weeks in San Carlos in October, but waited too long to book our timeshare, so now we've made plans to go to New Orleans then instead. We have
plans already made to travel to Washington State and the Columbia river Gorge in May, so that month is out.
fortunately, the Ranch Market in Phoenix has a pretty steady supply of flounder, so we're able to take care of that fix here locally.
have switched from tequila and margaritas to rum drinks (Goombay Smash - go ahead and google it) since our trip last month to Abaco islands.
it might be Thanksgiving again before we get back - just not sure.
at any rate - we're happy to have plans, and by no means are the horrible stories any reason we're not heading south, just a lot of other places we want to visit.
will keep in touch - we'll be back sometime down the road....

A

AZ Miguel

Goint to Ranch Market is almost like going to Mexico only not as much english is spoken at Ranch Market. :lol:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Now, don't be a stranger Joe and Teri. Post up every once in a while and let us know how you are.

AZ Miguel said:
Goint to Ranch Market is almost like going to Mexico only not as much english is spoken at Ranch Market. :lol:
You'd think you were in Super Ley in RP......with more stuff!!

Kenny

Hey Joester, I lived right at the mouth of the Columbia Gorge for some years, up it a way in fact, I know it well. Take a windsurf board, they had the world championships up there back then, still might.. The road up that way looked like Huntington Beach back in the old days,big boards on car tops and bumper to bumper. Bridge of the God's, Horseshoe falls, the fish ladder. :fish: There are more than a few things to miss about that country...Have a great time guy's.

Kenny

joester

2 salty dawgs
thanks everyone -
stuff happens to everyone all the time - Teri totalled her Blazer mid-January, making a left turn was blindsided by another jabron who either timed the light just perfect, or jumped the light a second or 2. Teri was cited for failure to yield right of way while making a left turn.
we prepared ourselves with pictures and exhibits, and she defended herself in court Monday and the judge threw the charges out. The arresting police officer was there, the other driver flew in from SoCal,and another driver who was a witness for the our opposition was there - so it was Teri against 3 - and she won!
insurance totalled her truck, we got half of what it worth from them, bought it from them as salvage, and it's nearly done being ALL re-done at a body shop in Deer Valley.
we' going to be out a few thousand, but Teri's ok, and we'll have her truck back with a fresh paint job and pinstriping in a week or so.
my point is, we all have stuff that happens, you just need to roll with the punches, and get back up fighting for yourselves. you may not be able to contro what happens to you , but you can control how you react to it.
life is too short to sit around and feel sorry for yourselves and have a pity-party for one -
get out and live life as much as possible! nobody will ever take those travel memories away from you, and a long weekend here and there goes a long way to keeping your sanity while working 9-5 (or whatever your hours are). there's too much to see, waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong! (stolen from jimmy buffett)

S

Submarine

If you cruise the Craigslist vacation rental ads the answer would be "not many people are". The desperation is so thick you can cut it with a knife!

Terry C

Terry, would you mind putting on our website that I attended a meeting with about 300 business people, police chief, mayor, tourism directors, HOA presidents, etc, to see what we could do to help the economy in Puerto Penasco as well as quell some of the rumors and bad press about the safety down here. They would like to form a LLC of the HOAs with the names of all the homeowners who would vouch for the safety of the area. It will cost us about $1.00 per homeowner to be involved , but with all going together, it would be a voice in the US for the politicians and others so they know it is a safe place here.

Our HOA President in Playa Encanto

Soon to be posted om the my website

L

luvr.p.

We are heading down in June and can't wait!!! This petty stuff in the news is not scaring us. I think if I heard the news everyday about Phoenix I would not want to visit, but I live here.

Same here luvr.p.

we are going at the end of May 24th-28th. Can't wait to put a beer in my hand and my toes in the sand :smile: