poll question regarding drug violence in mexico

R

rpbum

Yes, I will still travel to RP. I don't see any reason not to. Going down this weekend! and yes, I voted on that site as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Submarine

23% yes
76% no
1126 votes at 9 pm tonight.

gotta love those unscientific polls though.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Rocky Point Not Affected by Mexico Travel Warning

Updated: Monday, 15 Mar 2010, 10:46 PM MDT
Published : Monday, 15 Mar 2010, 7:34 PM MDT
TEMPE - Many college students and families are on spring break this week, and the recent violence in Mexico has some people worried.
The state department has issued a travel warning for several Mexico border towns: Monterrey, Tijuana, Nogales, and Juarez.
But for people planning to go to Rocky Point, hospitality workers say there's no need to worry.
"They're afraid they're going to get carjacked, they're afraid their possessions are going to get stolen, they don't trust the police," says Jason Sprinkle from Rocky Point Reservations. "The people who've been going down for years, most of them feel safer there than in Phoenix."
But many ASU students aren't concerned despite the alert. Sprinkle says bookings are up this year.

dwig222

Yes I will still go because I'm not scared at all. We DO have murders here in the USA and I'm not afraid to travel here. I would not drive from Lukeville to Rocky Point alone, BUT, I have never been willing to drive that deserted road alone in the last 35 years! If Playa Elegante was still there, I would be down there right now.