Port ready yet?

marybna

Well Known Member
I know 2 women here in GV that have purchased tickets on the first cruise and they think of it as an adventure. They are staying at a condo on SB. I think Princessa. They will leave their car there and the condo has arranged transportation for them to where the boat will take them to the ship. They feel very confident that it will all work out fine. Their cell phone already work both in US and Mexico.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I understand the ship will be using a shuttle four boarding etc. Where are they planning on docking and what about immigration issues.

johnh

We are booked on the 2nd cruise going out the 18th Tenders from the port, then off on an adventure. Only 550 passengers on the oldest cruise ship in operation. 1948 build.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We are booked on the 2nd cruise going out the 18th Tenders from the port, then off on an adventure. Only 550 passengers on the oldest cruise ship in operation. 1948 build.

"...Tenders from the port...", Why the need to build a half mile long jetty then? Line the pockets of government officials? Just another half finished eye sore that will never be completed. Hey, at least it gives the place a little character just like that scar across Al Capone's face.

rplarry

Well Known Member
And, I heard it’s holding some nice pinto and small grouper.

Something Capone’s scar couldn't do. Ha, ha

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Over on FB, someone posted that the Dec cruises are cancelled. Somebody actually signed up was called by the cruise line to confirm.
Here is the quote from FB.

"The December Cruise Maritime Voyages sailings aboard the Astoria on the Sea of Cortez have been cancelled.
Reason Provided: "extended dry dock time needed for the ship".

It's still listed on their website, but need to call, you can't do a reservation on the site.

A few days will tell if this is real. Dave Cooper was the original poster.

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Over on FB, someone posted that the Dec cruises are cancelled. Somebody actually signed up was called by the cruise line to confirm.
Here is the quote from FB.

"The December Cruise Maritime Voyages sailings aboard the Astoria on the Sea of Cortez have been cancelled.
Reason Provided: "extended dry dock time needed for the ship".

It's still listed on their website, but need to call, you can't do a reservation on the site.

A few days will tell if this is real. Dave Cooper was the original poster.

Absolute SHOCKER!

Landshark

Well Known Member
I think if there would have been a high enough percent of booking on all the cruise dates the ship would have come. They had about a 4 week window to sail the ship from England to RP via the Panama Canal...not cheap. It's all about the money, always is.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I saw an article on RP360 that said it was only 30% booked and they were going to do promo's to get it to 60% for it to fly.
Hence the free airfare and hotel stays, guess that didn't help enough.
Think of all those vendors that haven't been paid, that worked on the Jetty and other stuff to try to make this work. Sad