Porto Mio in the Harbor/Old Port

MIRAMAR

Over the past few weekends, they have been advertising on the radio a new shopping center, theater and store: Porto Mio in the harbor. They are working on it- don't know when it will open (says summer 2010), but people in Penasco are happy for the potential to get a theater. Here's the website:

http://www.puertomiorockypoint.com/

Pictures from Urban Freak:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
It may br the only Development but theres is other construction projects going right now in town and along the beach. There is some positive news out there. I am anxious for the theaters

Does anyone believe that the theaters will be able to survive? The reason I ask is that I've seen vendors along the Malecon selling bootleg videos (first rn movies) for less that the price of a movie ticket....

Not meant as a "doom and gloom" type of post.....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
There is a pent up need for movies here. Some of the wealthier locals head to Mexicali to see first run movies. Yes the movies will be busy. The nice thing is somw will be in English with spanish subs.

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
I want a movie theater!

1.- You can get 3D with bootlegged.
2.- If you want to impress your girlfriend, I do not belive he will buy a bootlegged movie.
3.- Plus going to a movie theater in Mexico is cheap. Its about $40 pesos (around 3 dlls).

Hey Manny,
I bought a bottle of your Tequila the other day. I didn't take cash with me..................the Factory used to take Visa, but no more. I had to go to the bank and back to the Factory, but all is good and well. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it's cash only................no more credit cards. Too bad Manny, cuz I'd probably spend more if I could use the card!!

Hey Manny,
I bought a bottle of your Tequila the other day. I didn't take cash with me..................the Factory used to take Visa, but no more. I had to go to the bank and back to the Factory, but all is good and well. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it's cash only................no more credit cards. Too bad Manny, cuz I'd probably spend more if I could use the card!!
I know I'd spend more if I drank alcohol... and probably get drunk and spend more and get drunker, then lose more... one tequila... two tequila... three tequila... floor...

Last edited:
Oh no, I don't drink the stuff (sorry, just don't care for it)......................I like to buy it as gifts for people!!