Pouring concrete roofs?

I want to pour my concrete roof in two pours. One to pour the beams which are 14" tall, let it cure and then pour the slab on top. Does anyone know if the two pours will bond well together.
Thanks for the help.

Rick
Cholla Bay

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I want to pour my concrete roof in two pours. One to pour the beams which are 14" tall, let it cure and then pour the slab on top. Does anyone know if the two pours will bond well together.
Thanks for the help.

Rick
Cholla Bay
Not knowing what you are doing but based on my knowledge of crete I would try to pour the entire thing in one pour. I love to form for concrete it takes so long and has a lot of calculations involved but after you remove the form boards you know you have a bonded product. If you do pour your beams first make sure you have the rebar exposed for the second part to bond to. Ok thats all I know. Where are you building I would love to see it.

Mexicoruss,
I am out at Pinto Canyon in Cholla Bay M58-1. I will be out there May 24th through the 28th. You are welcome anytime. I have a pdf I can send you.
Rick,
Cholla Bay

Attachments

Terry C

Google monolithic pour. For instance you pour the footings and the floor all at once on a house. Like Russ say's a lot of forming. But, on the other hand if you got gobs of rebar coming out the top it's not going anywhere. They really like rebar when building down here.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Thanks for the help.

Rick
Cholla Bay
we pour our structural beams, when we pour the bond beam on top the block wall, you mentioned foam panels, those fit between the little prestressed concrete and wire, and sit on top of your other beams, if you pour the way they pour in Mexico, I dont see how you could do it in one pour, because the prestressed beams that hold the foam panels sit on top of your 14" beams ond the bond beam you probably poured on top of your block walls. when you pour your roof you should have rebar sticking out a little bit on the bond beam and the other beams, the roof is only going to be 2 to 3 inches of concrete and 6 inches of foam. There is no reason the roof needs to bond to the beams, you pour, matter of fact it wont even touch the beams if it is done right, with the prestressed concrete mini beams and the foam panel's. So yes you can do it in 2 pours.

lagrimas85,
I am having the beams made with 2" x 8" concrete base. Lifting them in place and shoring. I will have 14" of foam between the beams, covered with 2 to 2-1/2 inches of concrete. The beams are made of 1/2" rebar and are 3" x 14" high. I attached a pdf of the beam in a earlier post. What I am trying to do is reduce the weight that I need to support during the pour. Half of the floor below this roof is steel floor joist with plywood and 2" of concrete. This floor I can support from the first floor but I want to ensure that it is strong enough. I hope that makes sense.

Rick
Cholla Bay

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
It the same system we use only alot bigger, there is too much that can go wrong, to me anyway, trying to do it in 1 pour, one the beams are in place, they along with your bearing walls will take most if not all the weight. The roof slabs we pour are a really watered down mix, so it will run and almost level itself and always done in 2 different pours.

The Man

HELLO...

If I am understanding this right, your beams will go from top of one wall to the other, which you want to know if those cross beams and roof can be pored together..da me from jersey!

Down past with the big cement church, past the old peoples home going to freemont, on the left is a place that makes if I spell this right " bargeta's " that you order, roof beams up to 18 feet.

They are cement poured into steel beams as a form.
They are approx 3" by about 6" by and up to 18 feet long.

There are double re-bar the length and have a rear tri angle set of re bar above the beam.

They are workable by two or three workers.

The are spaced approx 4' a part on top of wall beams. Just laying there they are self supporting, but as it worked upon ya use some cross 2x2 or 4x4 under them.

The foam insulation has groves on the 4' sides that will rest on the " begeta's "

Now, when that is in place, the wall re bar, and grid
re bar and elec and light tubes are placed on the grid, above the insulation.

When cement is pored, every 4' a 6 or 8 inch beam is pored, and the roof cement, at one time.

I had my place done that way, and its so strong the roof is now my second story floor.

This is a newer system them pouring beams and useing plywood for the roof pour, then taking down the expensive plywood.

If ya need more on this newer way, let me know.

I think this is what you were refering to, I hope!

The Man,
That is what I am doing except the beams I am having made are 26' long made with a box beam made of 1/2" rebar. They will be set in place with a boom truck. Then the beam pockets will be poured. Same process only bigger. What I wanted to do is after the beams were poured is let them cure and then pour the pad on top. I am a mechanical engineer and it seems all right to me but I have been wrong before.

Thanks,
Rick
Cholla Bay

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
The Man,
That is what I am doing except the beams I am having made are 26' long made with a box beam made of 1/2" rebar. They will be set in place with a boom truck. Then the beam pockets will be poured. Same process only bigger. What I wanted to do is after the beams were poured is let them cure and then pour the pad on top. I am a mechanical engineer and it seems all right to me but I have been wrong before.

Thanks,
Rick
Cholla Bay
It's exactly the same, only bigger. What he is calling "bargetas" we call vigetas, viga is beam in spanish, thus vigeta for small beam.

Here is a pic of the vigetas I used for my pour on Monday. A 12' long one is pretty heavy. I had to move 14 of them because they dropped them off in front of my garage doors, when I wasn't there..P1010241.jpgP1010249.jpg