Princesa / Agave Grill / Casa Club Questions

Hey guys, haven't stayed at the Princesa de Penasco resort before and just had a few random questions you'd probably have the answers to, especially Jamie, who mentioned owning a couple of condos there. Figured some others on the board may as well, or are at least familiar with the Princesa.

1. Wi-Fi:

An online operator told me there's no wifi in the rooms, only over at the Casa Club, and it's free. If so, is it on all night in that area or just when the club is open? Does the Agave Grill have Wi-Fi too? If so for either one, how is your connection--pretty fast or a hassle?

On this site, however, (http://www.princesamexico.com/) if you click on the WiFi icon on the bottom, a pop-up states "high speed wi-fi service is now available on a daily, weekly or yearly basis." And the company providing the service is "Wandering Wi-Fi," which is not associated w/ Princesa, per the pop-up. Anyone know what the real story is with Wi-Fi in the rooms?

2. Agave Grill

How do you guys like it? Seen some great reviews online of the breakfast; are the prices for most meals pretty reasonable? Have some examples? Do they have happy hour specials?

3. Casa Club

OK, so from the photos, I can tell this is a loose group of tables in the middle of the exercise area. Odd, but pretty good drinks? What should I expect as far as prices on Mexican bottles or a marg? Are there happy hour specials?

Also, have you ever seen live music performed at either of these venues in the last year or two?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Last edited:
J

Jamie75

Hey there GringoZona!
We love Princesa! It's a great place to stay. Very quiet and well kept.

1. Wi-Fi..I have no idea..it's been forever since I have brought my computer down and actually used it. I would be happy to check next weekend...

2. LOVE Agave Grill. It is owned by Johnny..who is the owner of Max's Cafe. They have the locally famous Max's Bagel, mexican scramble(personal fave), and a decent breakfast burrito just to name a few items. Prices are reasonable. $6 or so for breakfast.. Their chimichanga's and burgers are pretty good as well. I really haven't had a bad meal there. They have a happy hour with discounted drinks from like 4-5 daily. They have 2 flat screen tv's and there is only 3 tables and bar seating. VERY small and quaint. They do to go orders if you want to get your food and head up to your condo or eat by the pool or beach.

3. Casa Club is just the center clubhouse. They have pool tables and exercise equipment and some open table for just chilling. Drinks are alittle $$ but yummy. They will serve you poolside or even beachside.

Live entertainment, a couple times, but it was poolside. They have done Drive in movies(big screen..watch from the pool) back in the day when people still visited Penasco! But now that tourism has slowed I haven't seen anything like that in a while.

I am hoping for a fun crowd the weekend of the 5th for the RCPM concert!

Let me know if you have any other questions...what unit are you staying in??

Thanks Jamie! Wasn't sure if that PM I sent you went through, so I posted this. (The system showed "0 sent messages" in my file.) Figured it wouldn't hurt if everyone got the info.

Yes, would love to hear what the real situation is on the Wi-Fi. I was going to just call SeaSide, but I'm guessing they'll just tell me whatever I want to hear. (Not that I've had bad experiences with them, I'm just saying. Desperate times!)

MAX's! Wow. That's all ya' had to say. Short happy hour, eh? After posting this, I saw more photos online of the Club Cafe with two extra refrigerators and a dual tap system. Draughts couldn't be all that pricey, I'm guessing.

As far as staying there, I may end up doing that during RCPM. I'm actually looking at short term rental deals for either starting in the fall or even this summer if the deal is right. One such property I was referred to was for the Princesa and I'm kinda' clueless about the whole place.

Thanks again!

R

reportjones

Princesa is gorgeous! Nicest on the beach in my opinion since it doesn't feel like a hotel. The Sonoran projects are nice but they are too "hotelly". All of the rooms are lined up in one hallway on each floor. Something else nobody ever thinks about...there are no ladders in the Penasco Fire Department that would reach higher than 4 floors at any development Why would anyone ever stay in a condo that is over the 4th floor? Princesa is all concrete so no worrys...but all of the Sonoran projects are built with wood floors and wall studs. One of those babies catch on fire and you better have a parachute! Think about it!

Now for the Agave Grill...best food on the beach hands down. Don't know nothin' about WiFi or Casa Club, whatever that is???

We always stay at Princesa! Only downer about Princesa is it seems like most Mexican nationals stay there making it difficult to speak to other guests. Their music is a little much also. They are the only group of people I have ever seen who go down to the beach, set up camp, turn on their ghetto blaster with full volume playing chi-chi music and then stay in the water the entire day. Forces those of us who lay out on the beach to listen to that crap music at full volume while the owner of the music is no where to be found.

Hah, well “wifi” is an abbreviation for “wireless internet” (apologies if you already knew that) and the Casa Club is that round building in the middle of the pool area with large windows all the way around.

Thanks for the heads-up about the beach music situation. May have to invest in some of these new background noise cancelling headphones they sell now. They're supposed to be pretty incredible--and dangerous, if you're on a bike or driving a car.

Or the neighbor's condo is on fire.