Private Schools

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Hi all. Long time no post. :oops:

"Gypsy" over at RP Tides got an email from someone asking about private schools in PP for his kids, but Gypsy don't know nothing 'bout no private schools (me neither). So he asked in his column and I'm expanding the search by asking you. Here's the question:
“Gypsy, My family and I are planning a move to RP within the next few months and would like some advice about the schools. We are torn between living at Las Palmas (or another property along Sandy Beach) and Luna Blanca.

“My daughter is 6, and son is 4. We have looked at CIMA School but heard there is another choice as well. Do you know about this other private school? I appreciate your help. Thanks.”
Can anyone help these future happy residents of Puerto Penasco? We'd appreciate your input. :smile:

Last edited:

La Huerita

Well Known Member
Thanks, Jim.

Sorry for the double post, all. My connection has been bad today, and it's fouling everything up. Stuart, can you delete the first one?

Jim

Well Known Member
My high school age daughter was here with us for a year doing online school. She liked the school well enough and I was satisfied with the program but the lack of social interaction made it a bad choice. She became a homebody and didn't make any real friends. She was a junior and didn't want to start here with her mediocre Spanish language skills. I finally sent her back to the States and got her a place to live so that she could finish in a "regular" school. She's 18 now and doing very well.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My high school age daughter was here with us for a year doing online school. She liked the school well enough and I was satisfied with the program but the lack of social interaction made it a bad choice. She became a homebody and didn't make any real friends. She was a junior and didn't want to start here with her mediocre Spanish language skills. I finally sent her back to the States and got her a place to live so that she could finish in a "regular" school. She's 18 now and doing very well.
You are a good parent Jim

Robsalas82

Hey everyone , im moving to rocky point from arizona , and im looking at some schools for my kids i have a 3 ,6, and 8 yr old and they dont speak spanish, im just sick of the Arizona life , rush ,rush, i feel like im getting older and way to stressed out . Anyway i wany to actually feel free. My mother inlaw lives there and everytime we go we release alot of stress, my job is no issue as i will be working in Az. Any ideas on schools ive seen cima but would like to get ideas and info on prices thanks guys