Problems with Sonoran Sun owners with Seaside Reservations?

R

reportjones

As an owner at Sonoran Sun and other resorts I watch the chatlines. Below is a discussion that came up on the Sonoran Sun chatline today that really concerns me! We have been told 'no checks' since there have been no rental activity. Now I am not so sure if our place has been getting rented but we are not getting paid. I have heard of this being the case with the old Rocky Point Managment Company and this is why they packed up in the middle of the night and abandoned Princesa six years ago without telling anyone. Are only Steve Schwabs freinds getting there checks and not those of us who rarely come down and check on things? Is my condo being rented without my knowldege? What is going on?

I deleted the names of those sending these messages into the chatline to protect their privacy. Go to the chatline and you will see they were all posted today!

Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:08:39 -0000
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [sonoransunresort] What's up with Seaside?

Hello all, does anyone know what's the reason for delays in sending rentals checks by Seaside? We haven't received any statements/checks for rentals of our condo since September '09. I believe that this issue if it is concerning more owners should be (perhaps already is) addressed on the Sun HOA level. Thanks a lot!

Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:29:21 -0500
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [sonoransunresort] What's up with Seaside?

This gets even more interesting. I just spoke with Claudia of Seaside office in Rocky Point, who said that all the statements/checks for Sept. and October are on hold per Steve Schwab. I hope that we are not dealing with the situation that only selected owners receive their checks based on some Steve's criteria.

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, Dec 7, 2009 5:41 pm
Subject: Re: [sonoransunresort] What's up with Seaside?

I have been receiving them monthly.

Last edited by a moderator:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I do not know if it has anything to do with it or not, but someone mention a couple of month ago, in here, that Seaside Reservations were going thru a re-structuration or possibly going out of business in RP, however their San Carlos operations was said to be still going, how much is true, I do not know, right now is just hear say?sp, probably someone with the inside ear might be able to help with more info in the matter

Last edited:

jerry

If Steve didn't wreck the old RPforum he could answer in the comfort of his own paper,but no he "lost" 5 years of RP lore for some strange reason.

If there is concern on the part of some of the owners, why not "hire" a current full timer down there to go around and check the status of the units on a regular basis? See if there is anyone in them...particularly on the weekends.........

R

reportjones

We have and we are. They are an american company and started two weeks ago.

If there is concern on the part of some of the owners, why not "hire" a current full timer down there to go around and check the status of the units on a regular basis? See if there is anyone in them...particularly on the weekends.........