Propane In Cholla

Bob Oso

Last time we were down we had pretty much exhausted our propane, but being as we were leaving we thought we'd just wait and fill it when we come back for Memorial weekend. In the mean time we've been talking to some neighbors that informed us that the gas guys won't put in $80-$100 dollars worth but will only fill it, which in our case would be +$300.00.

I wouldn't expect the gas guys to do $20.00 worth being they have their expenses, but fill it or for get it seems a little stupid. Can any other Cholla residents confirm this?

Roberto

If you are only cooking with the propane just use a BBQ grill bottle. It will last a long time. If you use it for heat you can worry about that later. Alt. if you have a truck you could buy one of the tall tanks common around town and haul it in to fill. Locals do that all the time.

Bob Oso

Thanks Roberto, this is a stationary mounted tank used for the whole house, water heater, stove/oven. Don't know what gallon capacity it is but 3 feet diameter and 6 feet long, so no loading it in the truck and getting it filled.

mondone

Whitecaps
I haven't had an issue with the Za Gas guys in Encanto. I have a 1000 litre tank and never filled it to the top yet.

During spring break I had a 100 pound bottle filled from the Za Gas truck. They were busy looking for customers around Cholla.

Man has propane gotten pricey, last year a 5 gal bottle cost 100 pesos, last trip down it was 155 pesos.
Subsidies have obviously gone away on propane like the ones on fuel.

mondone

Whitecaps
During spring break I had a 100 pound bottle filled from the Za Gas truck. They were busy looking for customers around Cholla.

Man has propane gotten pricey, last year a 5 gal bottle cost 100 pesos, last trip down it was 155 pesos.
Subsidies have obviously gone away on propane like the ones on fuel.
Indeed.

Bob Oso

Since I started this thread I know many of you have been on the edge of your seats wondering and hoping that at some point you will finally know the truth behind the propane purchasing requirement that has nearly shook Cholla Bay as well as its residents to their core. Your wait is over, rumors have been running rampant and many people questioned about their involvement. I finally took it upon my self to get to the bottom of this, so without regard to my own safety, I purchased propane. It turns out that they'll sell you however much you want to purchase. Rest easy residents of Cholla the truth is known.