Public access to sandy beach?

Jaimee o

We are staying in the Mirador area. The kids wanted to go to sandy beach to take advantage of the banana boats and horse rentals. We drove over there but couldn't find any public beach access. How do we access the beach area near the resorts if we aren't staying there?
Thanks!

dmcauley

The public beach, which eventually connects to sandy beach has banana boats also, they can be accessed from calle 13 among other places. I used to take my kids to Playa Bonita and let them rinse off in the pool afterwards. Never had a complaint as I was a regular customer

mis2810

Is it possible to park near Banditos and cut thru around Las Palmas?
No. Like all the other resorts Las Palmas will not let you walk thru to access the beach. No dofferent than any of the Sonorans, Las Palomas, etc. Access to Sandy Beach is very limited, even though the beaches are "public".

ben21

The public beach, which eventually connects to sandy beach has banana boats also, they can be accessed from calle 13 among other places. I used to take my kids to Playa Bonita and let them rinse off in the pool afterwards. Never had a complaint as I was a regular customer
If I recall, you can park anywhere near the end of calle 13 and there is public access on the northern edge of Penasco Del Sol hotel... It's been a few years since I've been over there though.

ddez

We are staying in the Mirador area. The kids wanted to go to sandy beach to take advantage of the banana boats and horse rentals. We drove over there but couldn't find any public beach access. How do we access the beach area near the resorts if we aren't staying there?
Thanks!

ddez

We park at the playa Bonita hotel. Just drive in the gate of the hotel. You may want to check out the rv park next to the hotel. Beach isn't as rocky

tortuga

Just drive up to any resort, tell them that you are going to the restaurant, and they will let you in. Park and head for the beach.

There is a new public access on the east side of the Las Gaviotos condos. These are the ones at the far east end of Sandy Beach. I believe they are painted brown. The city built new steps to make it easier for the public to get down to the beach. You will find all of the toy rental options there.

Thanks!
There are banana boats on Rocky Beach/ Mirador area. I've seen horse rentals also.