Puerto Peñasco discussion

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
If you are interested we will be having a LIVE Rocky Point discussion Wednesday 5-13-20 at 4:00 our time. The LIVE link takes you to a Facebook page. It should be interesting. So check it out if you want. Puerto Penasco Fans and Community
Thanks. I’ll see if my wife wants to listen in, she does Facebook. One topic that I would be interested in is whether property owners in Puerto Peñasco, who have been here during the lockdown, have any chance to return to the US to check on things there, AND return to their home in Puerto Peñasco. It’s clear that visitors may not enter town prior to June 16, but if you own a house, have a power bill in your name, and have a residence card, you‘re a bit more than a visitor. I know some people who have been stuck in the US since the checkpoint went up who would like to come back down. Probably a few thousand Americans in similar straits.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Thanks. I’ll see if my wife wants to listen in, she does Facebook. One topic that I would be interested in is whether property owners in Puerto Peñasco, who have been here during the lockdown, have any chance to return to the US to check on things there, AND return to their home in Puerto Peñasco. It’s clear that visitors may not enter town prior to June 16, but if you own a house, have a power bill in your name, and have a residence card, you‘re a bit more than a visitor. I know some people who have been stuck in the US since the checkpoint went up who would like to come back down. Probably a few thousand Americans in similar straits.
we will.discuss that..

audsley

Well Known Member
I watched snippets off and on while doing something else. Majority of discussion seemed aimed at people who own businesses or real estate in RP. As an Arizonan who just likes to visit and recreate, it didn't have a lot for me beyond speculation regarding what might still be there for us when this thing ends.

Major weakness is what I find everywhere: Everyone wants to know the things we can't know right now. Like when will the border be open for tourists going both ways, when will the feds open the beaches and what will compliance and sickness rates be during phases 1 and 2. Those are the things all of us want to know, but nobody really knows.

Suggested format for future shows: Feature a main topic for the day and have a guest or two who are subject matter experts.

Suggested topic specifically designed around MY interests and curiosities: Is there believed to be much illegal fishing going on, or is SOC getting a rest? With restaurants shut down, who if anyone is buying fish? And what is law enforcement doing to catch cheaters? A government spokesman would make an appropriate guest for this, and maybe a Mexican fishing boat captain. All that assumes they wouldn't be afraid to speak.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Audsley, thanks for the feedback. This was only the 2nd show in the series and Manny is doing a great job navigating all of this. The subject matter will change each week with different panelist. Your suggestions will be forwarded to him. Since this lockdown is new to all of us and there is so much speculation out there and we just had the mayor outline the phases of reopening there is no lack of subject matter for future shows. Thanks again for the helpful feedback

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Audsley, thanks for the feedback. This was only the 2nd show in the series and Manny is doing a great job navigating all of this. The subject matter will change each week with different panelist. Your suggestions will be forwarded to him. Since this lockdown is new to all of us and there is so much speculation out there and we just had the mayor outline the phases of reopening there is no lack of subject matter for future shows. Thanks again for the helpful feedback
If possible, get a representative from the Mayor’s Office who is empowered to address concerns of foreign national property owners who would like to enter town and return to their residences.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Just did a week and half ago.