Puerto Penasco Home Port

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Im all for PROGRESS in RP.. Build the home port, the people want it, the people love it, cant wait to take the first cruise!!

A few of you people on this forum need to get a life ( you know who you are ). You know your the ones who have nothing better to do than to argue & bash everything about RP while living in AZ. Yes we know you hate the RP resorts, you hate the progress in RP, easy solution don't come to RP. Go to El Golfo and sit by yourself on the beach & argue w/ yourself all day long.

You represent the local population?

BRO, maybe you're missing something here. We all LOVE and VISIT Penasco FREQUENTLY. Just because we're critical of something or oppose something doesn't mean we are BASHING RP. Get a CLUE BRO.

You know we hate the resorts? Well, wrong again Mikeinthesand. I frequently stay in the PIGEON COOPS. We hate progress in RP? Wrong, wrong, wrong again BRO.

Easy solution, I KEEP COMING TO ROCKY POINT 10 trips a year and I KEEP POSTING WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE POSTING ON THIS DISCUSSION FORUM.

I'll go to SANTO TOMAS and ARGUE with JERRY ABOUT WHOS FISH IS BIGGER and WHY I SHOULDN'T DO 70MPH TO THE EJIDO FOR SNACKS AT THE END OF THE DAY. Too much fun.

PULLYOURHEADOUTOFTHESANDMIKEINTHECLOUDS

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I'm all for progress too, but I strongly disagree that this is the right way to go about it. For lack of a better phrase, this is like putting lipstick on a pig. You can't build a shiny new cruise terminal when you still have streets lined with trash, unfinished buildings everywhere, etc... Have you ever been to Cancun before? You get off the plane, jump in your shuttle and take a well maintained and neatly landscaped road directly to the hotel zone without really seeing a hint of poverty, trash, etc. Having homeless people try to wash your car with newspapers scares off your average suburban family from Gilbert, hell probably a wealthy family from Mexico too.

I don't want to come off like a snob, because I love RP for what it is and don't care about the things mentioned above. But if it's really going to be a cruise destination or home port, then lets start with the basics and get the place cleaned up. (We'll keep the violence issue to the other thread)

X2

playaperro

El Pirata
I'm all for RP growing and generally try to put a positive spin on things. That being said, this project seems like a huge waste of money. I would have much rather seen this money go towards a Sonoyta bypass and road improvements around main parts of town. That would draw tourism, not some cruise port that will never be used. Obviously I'm taking the over on 2018...
This project is for the people of Penasco.

Last edited:

ben21

This project is for the people of Penasco.
No doubt it's intended for the people, but please explain how this benefits them long term? Sure you may have some temporary construction jobs, but after that, what? The biggest benefit to the people is more American tourism. Dumping a bunch of rocks into the water isn't going to bring that. If the casual tourist is going to start coming down here, the place needs to be cleaned up. Have you been around Las Conchas recently? I was there over Thanksgiving and it looked like a landfill over by the train tracks near the entrance. This is unacceptable for a cruise stop, end of story. Make your average American comfortable with a mixed drink in their hand, and then the people of RP will benefit.

playaperro

El Pirata
No doubt it's intended for the people, but please explain how this benefits them long term? Sure you may have some temporary construction jobs, but after that, what? The biggest benefit to the people is more American tourism. Dumping a bunch of rocks into the water isn't going to bring that. If the casual tourist is going to start coming down here, the place needs to be cleaned up. Have you been around Las Conchas recently? I was there over Thanksgiving and it looked like a landfill over by the train tracks near the entrance. This is unacceptable for a cruise stop, end of story. Make your average American comfortable with a mixed drink in their hand, and then the people of RP will benefit.
No doubt it's intended for the people, but please explain how this benefits them long term? Sure you may have some temporary construction jobs, but after that, what? The biggest benefit to the people is more American tourism. Dumping a bunch of rocks into the water isn't going to bring that. If the casual tourist is going to start coming down here, the place needs to be cleaned up. Have you been around Las Conchas recently? I was

there over Thanksgiving and it looked like a landfill over by the train tracks near the entrance. This is unacceptable for a cruise stop, end of story. Make your average American comfortable with a mixed drink in their hand, and then the people of RP will benefit.
What are the basics and the benefits it brings to the project of Puerto Peñasco Home Port, located in the beach area "Sandy Beach", which have already begun work on the first stage last December 10.Provided by: Hector Aldrete German Puerto Penasco, Sonora - Cruise tourism is the tourist segment that has grown over the past decade, increasing from 3.6 to 13.7 million passengers. - The Sea of Cortez is navigable throughout the year. - It was called by Jaquez Cousteau as "the world's aquarium." - The potential market for the Home Port of Puerto Peñasco is estimated at 1.9 million domestic and overseas cruise. (65% land and 35% air, exploited ranges flights 2 hours south of the United States and various regions of Mexico to cover a range of 60 million potential customers. - The geographical location of Peñasco has access immediate market 1.8 million Americans cruise between the states of California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Texas. - has International Airport and is only 90 kilometers from the U.S. border. - Creating a new product for the cruise where you can enjoy all the benefits of the Sea of Cortez, its islands and its rich biodiversity. - The Sea of Cortez offers seaworthy 52 weeks a year. - By land cruisers can reach states Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, California and Texas. - The implications in the region conferred a building productive activity. - The generation of infrastructure investment in the short, medium and long term. - The creation of 300 direct jobs and 600 indirect jobs during the construction work and later during operation, 200 direct jobs and 1,000 indirect only in Puerto Peñasco. - A strengthening economy of the municipalities of the Sea of Cortez directly. - Assorted Guaymas estimated fuel: 941.176 liters / diesel fuel per week to sail the Sea of Cortez, which equates to an estimated $ 1 million. - The provisioning of a cruise per week 1,200 passengers and 2,400 crew involves sales of nearly $ 1 million per 52 weeks they mean more than $ 50 million per year, equivalent to approximately 650 million pesos. - addition is generated by a cruise ship in each port of call an economic impact of $ 331.440 per day, which means that for every cruise is generated spills 2.2 million dollars a week, ie, more than 115 million dollars a year, equivalent to 1,495 million pesos approximately. - In conclusion, because of its strategic location, Puerto Peñasco is the ideal medium for a port of departure for cruises place same routes offered to sail the Sea of Cortez, Puerto Vallarta and even Acapulco. - Sailing in the Sea of Cortez will operate more than 1,000 islands in the area. - The Home Port project in Puerto Peñasco has the backing of municipal governments, federal and state governments Sea Cortez (Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora and Sinaloa.) - Due to its proximity to California and Arizona, the Home Port of Puerto Peñasco provide care and service to 1, 700,000 passengers . within its area of influence closer - in the area known as the Sea of Cortez are the following integrals port authorities: Guaymas, Topolobampo, Mazatlan and La Paz.

Last edited:

Roberto

I like the use of Bro in conversation.It is inclusive and friendly while making the point that whoever you think you are in our conversation it is just you and me talking .It is uniquely American bro.
Was it Trotsky or Lenin that coined that term ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why are we getting so many first time posters that have strong opinions against known forum members like Jerry? This guy comes out of the wood work to bash Jerry and tell him to MOVE ON.

If it wasn't for forum members like Jerry this forum would be ~~~pura```basura```~~. This guy has one career post and it's attacking a legend in the game.

Why are we getting so many first time posters that have strong opinions against known forum members like Jerry? This guy comes out of the wood work to bash Jerry and tell him to MOVE ON.

If it wasn't for forum members like Jerry this forum would be ~~~pura```basura```~~. This guy has one career post and it's attacking a legend in the game.

Geoffrey, BRO, get a life ....
Thanks, I have a life. I don't know Jerry and I'm sure he is a fine gentleman.

Last edited:

jerry

Thanks, I have a life. I don't know Jerry and I'm sure he is a fine gentleman. Only, his post sounds like so many other attitudes I have heard. I wish I was free to post my opinions on this board but I get bashed from the likes of you. So who is wrong here BRO.
Geoff, we're just having a conversation.......Hey, my bet is the port will end up a loser for the average Puerto Penasco Mexican citizen.Still, if I am wrong that would make me happy.
For people that come down from Arizona to enjoy the beach at their condos and beach houses this thing will suck for sure.For real estate hustlers most likely a win. The only thing I really give a crap about the Sea of Cortez ...well it will be a disaster for the Vermilion Sea.......show me the studies that say this dredging,pollution and potential for disaster have been really looked into.