Puerto Penasco law re: raising chickens and roosters within city limits

RP Life

Well Known Member
I would really appreciate if I can get a written document on the law for raising chickens and roosters within city limits. I tried to email lawyers and also the Municipal for animal control with no luck.

Roberto

Well Known Member
While I think it is legal I hope you are not contemplating fighting cocks. I would feel bad helping you about that.
I know people who keep chckens in the Mirador. There is an actual Animal Control department and office somewhere. It used to be on Josefa near the RR but no more. Call Dee at Twin Dolphins she has worked with them about Dogs. She might be able to give you a contact person. 638 383 3919

RP Life

Well Known Member
While I think it is legal I hope you are not contemplating fighting cocks. I would feel bad helping you about that.
I know people who keep chckens in the Mirador. There is an actual Animal Control department and office somewhere. It used to be on Josefa near the RR but no more. Call Dee at Twin Dolphins she has worked with them about Dogs. She might be able to give you a contact person. 638 383 3919
No I do not want to raise either ever. My neighbor with an adjourning wall has decided to. The roosters crow all day and night everyday. In other states in Mexico the laws state you have to be on an acre of land and the cages need to be 200 feet from any property lines. The law also prohibits roosters. I can't find the law for here to see what I can do. I would rather know the law and have it printed so they have to have them removed and not pay someone to say its ok.

We can hear them with all doors closed and are unable to sleep. Its not something that is getting better and appears they are adding more roosters.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
No I do not want to raise either ever. My neighbor with an adjourning wall has decided to. The roosters crow all day and night everyday. In other states in Mexico the laws state you have to be on an acre of land and the cages need to be 200 feet from any property lines. The law also prohibits roosters. I can't find the law for here to see what I can do. I would rather know the law and have it printed so they have to have them removed and not pay someone to say its ok.

We can hear them with all doors closed and are unable to sleep. Its not something that is getting better and appears they are adding more roosters.
That would drive me nuts. As someone who stays in a lot of NATIONAL owned air b&b's throughout the barrios, I agree that the roosters are out of control. I guess I always chalk it up to, well that's Mexico and when you're only in town for two nights you can put up with it. Living next to them would be insane though. Good luck! Shitty situation to be in.

RP Life

Well Known Member
Update:

So it is not legal to raise chickens and roosters in town. Went to the office across from the police station and they will send someone out. Due to the coronavirus they currently only have 5 employees back to work. We are looking forward to being able to sleep as these roosters start at 1 am and continue to 8 pm Not Fun or relaxing.

Lucky

Hi, New member here flying into Phoenix or Tucson then driving down to look at a nice looking condo 60 miles south.....but had to laugh at the first article I see here is on the Rooster problem.....definitely buying if that’s the biggest worry down in ole Mexico!

Lucky

60 miles south of Phoenix... you buying a nice looking condo in Gila Bend????
Sorry Mexico Joe...60 miles south of P?P......a guy I met playing cards in Charleston has a lot with a real nice plan and is selling his friends Penthouse ( picture looks good but we will see...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Sorry Mexico Joe...60 miles south of P?P......a guy I met playing cards in Charleston has a lot with a real nice plan and is selling his friends Penthouse ( picture looks good but we will see...
LOL Has to be Santo Tomas! Is it Jerry's buddy Wiley? If it's Santo Tomas I had dinner in the penthouse one night. Great views. Nice joint!

ernesto

Well Known Member
Earplugs! I raised a lot of chickens in a rural area as a kid. They are a lot smarter and personable than most people think. But they don't just crow at dawn. My neighbors do the Mexican oom pah pah music til the wee hours. Earplugs

Lucky

Ha ...yep Jerry and I were drinking at the same Charleston rooftop bar last Sunday.....We played .Backgammon ( beat him like a drum!) until it was safe to leave King Street.... The Alaska lady is from Thailand that owns condo...

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Ha ...yep Jerry and I were drinking at the same Charleston rooftop bar last Sunday.....We played .Backgammon ( beat him like a drum!) until it was safe to leave King Street.... The Alaska lady is from Thailand that owns condo...
So where are you from Lucky, and did Jerry help you with a game plan on how to get to Santo Tomas during this trying time?

Lucky

So where are you from Lucky, and did Jerry help you with a game plan on how to get to Santo Tomas during this trying time?
Retired Military...pretty much lived.everywhere but Charleston now,,....haven’t talked with Jerry again but have it sorted all out...thanks!