Pueto Penasco article in PHX magazine

marybna

This month's magazine has a Travel Guide updated for 2017. There is a section called Luxurious Rocky Point. I just came back from 4 days and I must have gone to another place. No mention of Old Port or all the new resorts on Sandy Beach. Mayan was mentioned. No taco stands? This guy must have just gone to LP and sat in the bar at LaMaria and never left.

marybna

Sonora (includes Nogales, Puerto Peñasco, Hermosillo, and San Carlos): Sonora is a key region in the international drug and human trafficking trades. U.S. citizens traveling throughout Sonora are encouraged to limit travel to main roads during daylight hours and exercise caution on the Highway 15 corridor from Nogales to Empalme. Puerto Peñasco should be visited using the Lukeville, Arizona/Sonoyta, Sonora border crossing, and limit driving to daylight hours.

Here is a new post by US government. We all know this.

Landshark

Yep, like clockwork. The long-term brainwashing must be taking its toll too. I talk to people that say they used to vacation in RP but don't go anymore because of the travel warnings about violent crime. Sad...

Roberto

Well you know that the Sheep in the US, not everyone, expect other people and agencies to take responsibility for their own actions. If the Govt. does not warn and there is an incident, there will be screaming about the why they were not warned. All the while simply paying attention and taking personal responsibility is all that is needed. This applies to all aspects of life , not just travel. It really ought to be taught in public school, how to think, asses risks and make relevant decisions. Call it Critical Thinking, Logic 101

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well you know that the Sheep in the US, not everyone, expect other people and agencies to take responsibility for their own actions. If the Govt. does not warn and there is an incident, there will be screaming about the why they were not warned. All the while simply paying attention and taking personal responsibility is all that is needed. This applies to all aspects of life , not just travel. It really ought to be taught in public school, how to think, asses risks and make relevant decisions. Call it Critical Thinking, Logic 101

Never Happen...way too logical.

When we we in Chicago a few weeks ago, while walking back to our hotel, a girl walked up to my daughter who had her cell phone
in her rear pocket and told her to put somewhere safe because, where we were, wasn't a good neighborhood.
We didn't know, we were near the Sear's/Willis Tower.
We felt safe at the time, never felt not safe the whole time we were there.

TICO-T

When we we in Chicago a few weeks ago, while walking back to our hotel, a girl walked up to my daughter who had her cell phone
in her rear pocket and told her to put somewhere safe because, where we were, wasn't a good neighborhood.
We didn't know, we were near the Sear's/Willis Tower.
We felt safe at the time, never felt not safe the whole time we were there.
It was nice of that girl to warn your daughter however that area of the Sears/Willis Tower is a safe neighborhood. Hope you had some great food in Chicago!

jerry

Baja is way more out of control... someone cut a deal in RP area...have not seen gunmen for 3 months down my way...think one side won down here in the wild West