Pulled over AGAIN

J

Jamie75

Ok..check this out. My family(parents, brother, sister in law and their 16 month daughter) were down last weekend. The hubbie and I sat this one out as we were down 3 of the 4 weeks in May! Anyhow, they were coming home from dinner(around 8-8:30) on Saturday the 7th. Once again, over by the new little policia station on the road to Playa Bonita they were pulled over. My brother was driving and was NOT drinking, not speeding, he was just looking American and driving down the road. Once pulled over he gave the(for lack of a better word) officer his license and he was asked to step out of the vehicle. He asked what he had done wrong and the guy says, I smell beer. My brother was pissed big time at this point. He wasn't doing anything wrong and then was accused of drinking. He told the dude he wasn't drinking. The officer then says you need to pay $50. My brother, not wanting to argue and get in more trouble says, how about $40? The CORRUPT officer agrees. After payment my brother made the mistake of walking behind the police truck to get any info off the truck so he could to go report the bribe. As soon as Deputy Douche Bag see's this, he says..NO, police station NOW! He gives my bro back his cash and carts the whole damn family off to the police station. They pull my brother into a room where the officer procedes to tell the Judge or who the guy was that my brother offered payment so he didn't have to go to the station....TOTAL LIE. Jeff(my bro) kept asking why he did wrong. They told him they were going to call in a DR to take a breathalyzer, cause they didn't believe him. He asked again why he was pulled over, no answer. Finally, fed up that it was WAY past his daughter's bed time and the rest of family was just sitting out front for no reason he spoke and asked what it would take to get on his way. They discussed in Spanish between the two of them and said $200. What was he to do? Say no and go to jail? They got their money...a**holes. :x

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
All the more reason for you to ask to go to the police station first as soon as they pull you over for no apparent reason. Don't feed the mordida.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As this has been already said before and I know it was in the other forum, DO NOT OFFER ANY MONEY, and ask the exphynter? to go to police station with you ASAP and either it takes care of it by backing out or he will take you there were thinks will get straighten out, jamie no offence but as soon as you followed his bribe lead he had you in, like ~~~HAPPY~~~ will say you bit the hook, sorry to hear it but unless we, from north of the border, do not stop this it will go on and on and the Mexican government wants us to make complains to set their own police straight, I know that the time it takes is a burden but, as you can see, sometimes trying to get out of it the easy way does not pay either

J

Jamie75

I totally agree with both of you. As I said, it was not me. Whenever I getted pulled over, I always demand the reason, then demand to be taken to the police station. So far, it has worked and I have never been taken to the station or paid, and I have been pulled over 10 plus times(in the past 5 yrs) in RP. Just goes to show how crooked the system is. Well, I lie..about 4 or 5 years ago I bribed the officer with the last $2 or $3 bucks I had left..he took it.

Funny thing is, in the states I have been driving almost 17 years, and been pulled over two times, and I drive in America almost every day of the year compared to the 30-40 days spent in Mexico a YEAR!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You know, I have never been pulled over in Rocky Point in all the 35 years I have been driving there. Then all of a sudden, I hear of people being pulled over a lot in the last year. I was down last weekend and the second weekend in April. Nothing. I was down last May for a whole week. Nothing. I guess I've been lucky!

Ha Ha Ink, did you mean sphincter? :mrgreen: LMAO!!!!!My poor keyboard. At least it was water this time! :)

Aaron

If the person at the police station gladly took $200 to let him go (supposedly the fine for the alleged bribe, that was offered for the violation that didn't happen?), wouldn't one be better off to simply pay the $50 and go on their merry way? No, I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ;)

Kelney

Well Known Member
So the moral of the story is save money and time and pay the bribe as the judge(s) are as crooked as the cops. Who is the judge going to believe, the rich, bribing and potentially drunk gringo or the upstanding police officer that would never dare ask for a bribe? Just part of the cost of playing in Mexico...

J

Jamie75

Ok...Jeeplady, you are super lucky or you just don't drive at night! haha Only one of the times out of the 10 plus has been in day light, and that on the highway between the border and RP.

Aaron, you are SO right. My brother has just had it with the corrupt policia down there. The last time he was pulled over, for doing nothing, in the same area(that time the police said he ran a stop sign in which he stopped at..we aren't stupid enough to run them, especially in this area). They handcuffed him and a friend when my brother mentioned the sindictura(sp??) then sat them in the dirt as they TORE through my brothers vehicle. They said they found drugs, but didn't show them the evidence they found(because it was non existent). They took every penny out of their wallets, a total over $300 and stole both their cell phones, and a pair of sunglasses. AND this happened as the whole time they asked to go to the police station.

SOOO..he was just fed up last weekend and was ready to report the crooked bastard. He should have left well enough alone.........

J

Jamie75

Kelney said:
So the moral of the story is save money and time and pay the bribe as the judge(s) are as crooked as the cops. Who is the judge going to believe, the rich, bribing and potentially drunk gringo or the upstanding police officer that would never dare ask for a bribe? Just part of the cost of playing in Mexico...

You are SO right... ;)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I drive a lot at night. I don't drive over 68. If you do that in my Jeep, you'll rattle your teeth out :lol: Sometimes I stop at the railroad tracks, sometimes I slow down. I always stop at stop signs. Does your brother drive an expensive car? I don't know why some of you get picked on. I guess if you are driving a gold plated Lexus as opposed to a beat up, dirty Jeep, that might make the difference. I don't know. My old partners in the Cove never got pulled over either, and they had middle of the road vehicles, too. I guess we should take a poll on what everyone drives that has been pulled over and see if that's it.

J

Jamie75

Well, I drive just a regular old Chevy Trailblazer..nothing special. My brother did drive an older Lexus SUV(looks like a soccer mom mini SUV), but now drives a Toyota Tundra. I honestly think it's the area. Besides the one time getting pulled over on the highway, ALL the other times, for both of us have been on that road by Playa Bonita once the sun goes down.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Then, I guess if you are on your way to the new condo area just spend the extra time and take the choya rd, dirty but safer and you will avoid the sphincters on playa bonita, and do agree that some times is faster to pay the bribe but always a "but", like ladyjeeper being going down for 17 years and never stopped, cops approched once when I had car problems at 3 am and they thought something else was going on, "but" I do speak the language and it helps a lot, I guess if you have been frecuenting a particular country it pays to learn the language for many reasons!!!
Viva TECATE!!!
like someone said once upon a time
~~~HERE FISHY, FISHY~~~ :lol:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ladyjeeper said:
I drive a lot at night. I don't drive over 68. If you do that in my Jeep, you'll rattle your teeth out :lol: Sometimes I stop at the railroad tracks, sometimes I slow down. I always stop at stop signs. Does your brother drive an expensive car? I don't know why some of you get picked on. I guess if you are driving a gold plated Lexus as opposed to a beat up, dirty Jeep, that might make the difference. I don't know. My old partners in the Cove never got pulled over either, and they had middle of the road vehicles, too. I guess we should take a poll on what everyone drives that has been pulled over and see if that's it.
I drive a lexus, haven't had any problems... yet! :lol:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ruh Roh Tyler! And you are young, too, aren't you? :mrgreen:

I also speak the language and I've been going so long that I know half the people in town. I'm sure I'm recognized. Also, I hang in the Mirador and Old Port. I never go to the condo area unless I'm visiting friends camped at the Reef. Guess I'll take the Choya Rd. if they bug me. :roll:

If I get pulled over, I'll let you all know :eek3:

Terry C

Well Known Member
Also remember not to park on the wrong side of any street. They will nail you and you have to go to the police station and pay the fine. Been there done that with a friend driving and that and is is a waist of an hour or more. $20.00 bucks.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ladyjeeper said:
Ruh Roh Tyler! And you are young, too, aren't you? :mrgreen:

I also speak the language and I've been going so long that I know half the people in town. I'm sure I'm recognized. Also, I hang in the Mirador and Old Port. I never go to the condo area unless I'm visiting friends camped at the Reef. Guess I'll take the Choya Rd. if they bug me. :roll:

If I get pulled over, I'll let you all know :eek3:
Not that young!! :eek3: :lol:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
well, I guess this seems to be a happening thing at that particular corner, so if you know it take the other route and if you do not take the other route call 1-800-whah-whah!!!!! :eek:
then again we humans are the only animals that trips in the same rock twice!!!! :x :lol:

Jim

Well Known Member
If you can send me a private email with any details you have, I can talk to a couple people to see what I can find out.