Quick internet/computer question...

Kristen

Hi everyone, my name is Kristen. My friends parents have a condo out at Las Palomas that they rarely use, but I've been hearing different things about the internet out there. As weird as it may sound, I'm a female professional online poker player so I need to have a solid connection. Is there anyone located in or near Las Palomas who might be able to do a quick test for me to find out if its even worth me to head down there? I'm not sure who else to ask, and I'd be happy to provide my facebook, email, phone and anything else privately for anyone willing to help me out, and possibly save me a trip. I'd even be happy to send a tip for the 2 minutes of help :)

gord

This may be of limited help...but my experience with the Internet connection at the Princesa resort is very good. There can be outages of course, like anywhere else, but normally the Internet connection is good enough to steam Netflix movies flawlessly.

If I felt the need to reduce risk of an outage further I would augment that connection with a cell phone LTE connection such as T-Mobile's new $59 plan that covers travel in Mexico and Canada as well as the U.S. You could use a personal hotspot connection with that to cover any gaps.

I tried out the T-Mobile 4G data plan last week, it worked perfect.
Using my phone as a Mobile hot spot , I was getting 20+mbs down and almost 10mbs uploads.
It is faster in Cholla than my area in Phx.

Bad part is after using a laptop to surf the net (using my phone as a hotspot) and minimal streaming over 1.5 days,
I used almost 700mb of my 2.5 gb data plan with 3-4 hours per day of sporadic use.
I imagine streaming Netflix on a TV or laptop would just eat that 2.5gb up in just a few days.

Estero

From my experience at Las Palomas the internet connection was good probably 98% of the time. It would rarely go down and if it did it was for down for 20-30 minutes at most. I think you would be just fine.