Quick trip.

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Headed down Friday after work. 4:30 in the afternoon on a Friday SUCKS try to get from the 10 to Maricopa. Took 45 minutes.
After that it was smooth sailing to Gila Bend and on to Lukeville.
Interesting that both border checkpoints before and after Ajo were closed and everyone just blowing by in both directions.
Got to the border, big line heading in. Stopped to pee, then got in line. Someone was nice and let us in as we had about 15 vehicles in front but there had to be 30 behind us. I actually couldnt see the end of the line heading into the border.
Normal 1 out 5 vehicles getting checked going in. We were waved through. Maybe 10 minutes in line to get through.
Got to La Palapa at 8:50. Got to Capones for dinner at 9. Went VERY well.
Rain started in late in the evening and more or less didn't stop for 24 hours. Windy, rainy and cold.
Headed home today, Sunday, left Anita Y Jesus' just before noon. Started raining again heading back towards the border. Several spots on the way back that had standing water across the road. A few spots with mud washed across the road and Bad a little slow down for a black jeep that ran off the road. Jeef was messed up bad, but could only see in passing as they loaded it onto a tow truck. Front window were bashed inwards. I hope no one was seriously injured. Be careful and watch your speed through even a little standing water, you never know.
It rained all the way to Sanoyta. Got to the border with 3 vehicles going to 2 open gates. Roughly 5 minutes and back stateside. No issues, though the lot was flooded. Glad we were in our Blazer. Low vehicles have 6 to 8 inches of water to go through to get to rumble sticks.
Aside from rain off and on all the way home the only really interesting thing was that the checkpoints both sides of Ajo were closed. First check point had agents and dogs standing around talking but closed and everyone blowing by. Second check point no one there. Never seen that before.
Anyways, that's my border update.

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Headed down Friday after work. 4:30 in the afternoon on a Friday SUCKS try to get from the 10 to Maricopa. Took 45 minutes.
After that it was smooth sailing to Gila Bend and on to Lukeville.
Interesting that both border checkpoints before and after Ajo were closed and everyone just blowing by in both directions.
Got to the border, big line heading in. Stopped to pee, then got in line. Someone was nice and let us in as we had about 15 vehicles in front but there had to be 30 behind us. I actually couldnt see the end of the line heading into the border.
Normal 1 out 5 vehicles getting checked going in. We were waved through. Maybe 10 minutes in line to get through.
Got to La Palapa at 8:50. Got to Capones for dinner at 9. Went VERY well.
Rain started in late in the evening and more or less didn't stop for 24 hours. Windy, rainy and cold.
Headed home today, Sunday, left Anita Y Jesus' just before noon. Started raining again heading back towards the border. Several spots on the way back that had standing water across the road. A few spots with mud washed across the road and Bad a little slow down for a black jeep that ran off the road. Jeef was messed up bad, but could only see in passing as they loaded it onto a tow truck. Front window were bashed inwards. I hope no one was seriously injured. Be careful and watch your speed through even a little standing water, you never know.
It rained all the way to Sanoyta. Got to the border with 3 vehicles going to 2 open gates. Roughly 5 minutes and back stateside. No issues, though the lot was flooded. Glad we were in our Blazer. Low vehicles have 6 to 8 inches of water to go through to get to rumble sticks.
Aside from rain off and on all the way home the only really interesting thing was that the checkpoints both sides of Ajo were closed. First check point had agents and dogs standing around talking but closed and everyone blowing by. Second check point no one there. Never seen that before.
Anyways, that's my border update.
Regarding the checkpoints being closed. I have seen it off and on the last few months. Some have reported the agents have been reassigned to hotter spots on the border because the illegals are flooding over like never before and the US does not have enough boots on the ground to handle it.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Regarding the checkpoints being closed. I have seen it off and on the last few months. Some have reported the agents have been reassigned to hotter spots on the border because the illegals are flooding over like never before and the US does not have enough boots on the ground to handle it.
Have noticed, though, that a camera (for plates, maybe?) is mounted at least at one of the checkpoints.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Provide your source... This is the same as Donald Drumph saying he hears things and that's what he bases opinion off of. I disagree and of course this is only my opinion. Based on apprehension statistics less people are illegally crossing the border than any point in the last 10 years. Obviously I expect criticism from the regulars here that will say apprehension is down because of sanctuary and agencies looking the other way. I'm sure JJ will disagree with me. In my opinion if you look at when these checkpoints started becoming unmanned it coincides with the end of the Obama presidency. Similarly, the manned check points came about and in my opinion became more strict after Obama took office. There were times during the Bush years when you could be waived through the border without rolling down your window. Obviously nine eleven changed everything but in my opinion through observation it seemed the Obama administration has used greater scrutiny regarding ICE and border patrol checkpoints than his predecessor. Obama gone and again, scrutiny rolled back... You could argue that new administration has relocated resources to problem areas of the border but again this just started coincidentally around October /November. There are of course more statistics that show there are now more agents on the border than ever before and more funding than ever before. Combined with the lowest apprehension figures in 10 years.... Some in the scientific world would consider that to be a direct correlation. Cause and effect. Again, this is my opinion. This is typical Republican mantra... Only we can protect you, Democrats are weak when in reality in my short existence I don't think that's the case at all. Democrats use different methods.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Mary..........

I do believe politics in some way or another is discussed regularly in every forum on this site. It certainly doesn't bother me at all, especially when Jerry toots his horn on almost every comment just looking for a little feather ruffling, oops, I do it to!

Anyway, Joe, I'm wondering where the BP is as well. The big checkpoint east out of Yuma has agents but all of the traffic is routed around it with no one stopping anyone. Last Sunday I did a high speed off road run in the rain at 80-110 mph. in my new Ford Raptor into the Goldwater Bombing Range deliberately trying to tempt a BP truck into a pursuit to no avail. I passed several of them parked alongside the trail and they just smiled and waved.

We have a huge BP office here in Yuma with at least 100 trucks and they all head our somewhere every shift. There is another huge office east of Welton with another 100 trucks. I see a lot of them here in Yuma but they aren't stopping anyone, just seem to be heading out somewhere or coming back from somewhere.

From what I read on the REAL news: whitehouse.gov., OUR President is relocating lots of the BP to interior cities to assist with local police when they make a score then get the fresh catch back to the border for a quick trip home. That old time business of the BP check points has always pissed me off, as just one quick look at us from any idiot manning those points should have always just been a wave off, not the third degree as if we were presumed guilty from the get go. I'm sure that that krap stemmed from the political correct non profile attitude that meant everyone is equally presumed guilty.

These are very interesting times to say the least!

JJ

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Provide your source... This is the same as Donald Drumph saying he hears things and that's what he bases opinion off of. I disagree and of course this is only my opinion. Based on apprehension statistics less people are illegally crossing the border than any point in the last 10 years. Obviously I expect criticism from the regulars here that will say apprehension is down because of sanctuary and agencies looking the other way. I'm sure JJ will disagree with me. In my opinion if you look at when these checkpoints started becoming unmanned it coincides with the end of the Obama presidency. Similarly, the manned check points came about and in my opinion became more strict after Obama took office. There were times during the Bush years when you could be waived through the border without rolling down your window. Obviously nine eleven changed everything but in my opinion through observation it seemed the Obama administration has used greater scrutiny regarding ICE and border patrol checkpoints than his predecessor. Obama gone and again, scrutiny rolled back... You could argue that new administration has relocated resources to problem areas of the border but again this just started coincidentally around October /November. There are of course more statistics that show there are now more agents on the border than ever before and more funding than ever before. Combined with the lowest apprehension figures in 10 years.... Some in the scientific world would consider that to be a direct correlation. Cause and effect. Again, this is my opinion. This is typical Republican mantra... Only we can protect you, Democrats are weak when in reality in my short existence I don't think that's the case at all. Democrats use different methods.
You sound like a complete nut. Provide a source? I clearly stated 'some have stated', meaning it's purely anecdotal and speculation. You appear to be just another unhinged Trump hating snowflake. We get it, you lost and it hurts. You are scared. Things will get better. President Trump is fulfilling his promises. First politician in decades to do so. That is because he is not a politician.

mis2810

Well Known Member
You sound like a complete nut. Provide a source? I clearly stated 'some have stated', meaning it's purely anecdotal and speculation. You appear to be just another unhinged Trump hating snowflake. We get it, you lost and it hurts. You are scared. Things will get better. President Trump is fulfilling his promises. First politician in decades to do so. That is because he is not a politician.
Keep telling yourself that right up until impeachment. LOL

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Oh oh Joe..........

Better bring a can of that long range Hornet Spray next time you head down, looks like the bees are gettin stirred up!

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Oh oh Joe..........

Better bring a can of that long range Hornet Spray next time you head down, looks like the bees are gettin stirred up!

JJ
Shot myself in the eye with carburetor cleaner working on my tractor this morning....better than mace!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
That stuff usually has MEK in it as an oil solvent. The stuff dissolves the fat in your brain cells, permanently! Maybe make room for some new ones, in your case! I used to put my bare hands in buckets of the stuff degreasing Huey parts while in the Army. Now days when I shake my head it rattles inside.

JJ