Rain

ernesto

Well Known Member
Russ says 6"rain in cholla, Mondones weather station shows nothing, I'm hearing the entrance to Las Conchas has a huge sinkhole and is impassable, wtf is going on there?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The rain in Cholla is the real deal. I was out there this morning. In town we didn't get so much and the further east you go I think the less rain. I just know what I know. Cholla was hit hard , like super hard for several hours last night so that's wtf from me.

ernesto

Well Known Member
I have heard the condos on Sandy Beach got it too, leaks up the wazoo, as long as there wasn't crazy wind with it I'm not concerned. The wind scrambles roof tiles.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
No wind in these last two storms but sergio came in at a crazy direction and there was some flooding damage in the condos, but the ground was already wet from the storm last week so there's that...

Roberto

Well Known Member
Russ says 6"rain in cholla, Mondones weather station shows nothing, I'm hearing the entrance to Las Conchas has a huge sinkhole and is impassable, wtf is going on there?
No big sinkhole at the entrance to LC. There is a large hole there dug to take the runoff and it may be full. Moderate rain in LC, roads are not much worse than before the rain.

mondone

Whitecaps
Here is a link for a weather station in Cholla, close to Oxchilles restaurant. Shows 4.97 today and .77 yesterday.
Pretty close to 6" and from all the washed out roads I saw today coming in to Cholla, believe it. Scroll down a little on the left side.
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/mx/la-choya/IPUERTOP12
Encanto was very fortunate, barely a trace. Anything more would have been devastating.
Encanto was very fortunate, barely a trace. Anything more would have been devastating. We did get a little bit (0.05") this morning.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Sat. evening there is a strong line of storms heading to Penasco from Baja. It looks really dark from my place in Cholla.
Hopefully a quick passing storm. 8:05pm It just started to rain with lightning and thunder.

ScreenShot_20181013200900.png