Real Estate observations

jerry

Well Known Member
Nothing selling in Santo Tomas lately as far as I know but way more lookers.The developers are splitting up some real nice lots on the hill the water tank is on....would be a nice house site....Iguess a spec house will be built when the contractor sells a spec he has just finished on Whale Hill....
We never hear about Miramar or Dorado ( the alcoholic playas..)any sales...new inventive mix drinks to share around the old electric organ...

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Not surprised, just sold my golf cart to a couple that put earnest money down on a place in Cholla. Spent weeks going back and forth and gaining nothing, besides headaches. Just last weekend, got their money back and went to Las Conchas and put it down on a condo. Hope it works out for them. Seems to be the Cholla mantra these days, If you're not part of the inner circle, you're just a victim.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Nothing selling in Santo Tomas lately as far as I know but way more lookers.The developers are splitting up some real nice lots on the hill the water tank is on....would be a nice house site....Iguess a spec house will be built when the contractor sells a spec he has just finished on Whale Hill....
We never hear about Miramar or Dorado ( the alcoholic playas..)any sales...new inventive mix drinks to share around the old electric organ...
Your painting Dorada / Miramar as geriatric is short-sighted. Not only are they, also, seeing an uptick in “lookers” and "takers," but a number of the old-timers admit that that they’re done with beach-front maintenance and ready to move on, while their now-grown kids are planning to take up the baton.

jerry

Well Known Member
Your painting Dorada / Miramar as geriatric is short-sighted. Not only are they, also, seeing an uptick in “lookers” and "takers," but a number of the old-timers admit that that they’re done with beach-front maintenance and ready to move on, while their now-grown kids are planning to take up the baton.
Down boy down,it was a joke aimed at lightly irritating Miramar...based on my experience renting there for years pre 2000...love the place and the characters,skilled fishermen,musicians,drunk 60 year old blondes playing the electronic organ while stripping,crooked nephews plotting to steal the uncles beach house,lesbian couple hating each other so much they put a wall in the middle of the house,guy with the secret bunker full of...well never mind...

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Down boy down,it was a joke aimed at lightly irritating Miramar...based on my experience renting there for years pre 2000...love the place and the characters,skilled fishermen,musicians,drunk 60 year old blondes playing the electronic organ while stripping,crooked nephews plotting to steal the uncles beach house,lesbian couple hating each other so much they put a wall in the middle of the house,guy with the secret bunker full of...well never mind...
Well, have heard of activities in the old days yielding up a number of face-in-the-sand partiers, so wouldn't be surprised. But then pre 2000, those things happened closer to town as well.

GV Jack

Snorin God

My God that sounds like my family.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Got any names and numbers?

We just can't seem to find anyone to party with any more, that doesn't have a hog ring in a nostril, nut and bolt in a nipple, green & purple hair, more tats than bare skin, waxed shaved heads and a hoodie day and night even when it's 90 degrees and a "device" glued to the side of their cabesa 24/7.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member

We just can't seem to find anyone to party with any more, that doesn't have a hog ring in a nostril, nut and bolt in a nipple, green & purple hair, more tats than bare skin, waxed shaved heads and a hoodie day and night even when it's 90 degrees and a "device" glued to the side of their cabesa 24/7.

JJ
Wow you are describing Roberto to a T !

GV Jack

Snorin God

JJ
Hey JJ...come on down to Green Valley. Just make sure you get here before 7:00..

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Didn't irritate me Jerry! I agree with some of what you said, but as Dylan said, "the times, they are a changin'"!

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
When the market picks up and some developer with deep pockets takes the risk. Same with most of the unfinished business all around RP. The cruise port has been idle for a year and a half. Some day that might resume and others might follow.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Nice high ocean view lot in Unconscious under contract at !15k. Near by second row lot priced down to $17K. Who would have believed these prices, even 5 years ago. Still many lots for sale with owners holding price. Some of he old timers up in years with no family interested in their home here are taking a beating to move on.

jerry

Well Known Member
I have a lot in Santo Tomas that I will put up as my initial part in a group build ofa modernist beach casita on Bigfoot piers...anyone into that type of green,low impact build thing .... pm me

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I have a lot in Santo Tomas that I will put up as my initial part in a group build ofa modernist beach casita on Bigfoot piers...anyone into that type of green,low impact build thing .... pm me
J: what are Bigfoot piers?