reef gps coordinates

E

ellibelli

Hi--does anyone have, or know where i can find, gps coordinates for the 21 mile and 55 mile reefs? Any other info on great fishing spots out of Penasco? I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks. Bill :fish:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ ellibelli, ____ ellibelli, ____ I like that, ____ reminds me of a cat named ____ HAPPY, ____
anyway, I doubt very much anyone here is going to give you any of their hard earned #'s, me included, ____ it's a thing called putting in your time, ____ it's just the way it is, ____ when you find a good spot you'll see what I mean,
however I'll offer this ____ go & talk to, ____ Villa ____ one of the boat launchers over @ Cholla Bay, ____ he's a very helpfull cat, ____ he useto have a list of the well known reefs, that he would give out @ times, ____ thats a starting point for you, ____

____ Now, ____ Here, ____ :fish: y :fish: y :fish: y

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Your best starting point for some of the closer reefs is to buy the book 'Secrets of the Super Grouper' by Wally Schemerfield (might be off on the spelling of his last name, sorry Wally, RIP). It provides tips, techniques, and GPS coordinates for many of the reefs. Phoenix Fishing Supply generally carries it, as well as Sun N' Fun Dive Shop in Penasco. Sally's advice was also correct - talk to the locals. I've gained many of my coordinates from local Mexican charter captains over the years. Some good, some just okay.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Ellibelli,____ being that I like your username, ____ these #'s are off of the list that Villa gave me,
____ 30 37 .023 x 113 54 .383 = 52 miles out
____ 30 36 .584 x 113 54 .270 = 52 / /
____ 30 39 .790 x 113 14 .855 = 52 / /
____ 30 42 .115 x 113 12 .895 = 51.3 / /
____ 31 15 .975 x 113 58 .085 = 20.3 / /
____ 31 20 .145 x 114 02 .155 = 22.6 / /

____ These are from ____ The Secrets Of Super Grouper, book, ~~~ By Wally Schmerfeld
____ 31 21 .03 x 114 05 .64 = 26.6 / / ____ put a 5 @ end of the 3 + the 4
____ 31 01 .31 x 113 14 .93 = 32 / / ____ / / 5 / / / / 1 + / 3

____ Now, ____ to all you guys that have given me some good #'s, ____ like I told you I promised not to give them out, + a promise is a promise, ____ If someone was choking me to try to get them ____ they would still not get them, ____

____ OK LETS GO ____ :fish: Y :fish: :fish: Y

B

bahiatrader

I was under the impression that there was an unwritten rule among fishermen not to give out fishing spots or coordinates that were given in confidence. Those numbers are pretty close to some I have. They should get you started. Buenos suerte
Buy the Super Grouper book anyway. It has a lot of good info.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
____ When Villa gave me these #'s he also gave them to 2-other people that were there @ the time, I think that everyone in Cholla has them, ____ I know that a lot of the fishermen in pdo have them also, ____ when I was there in June a friend came to my camp & said hey man I have some more #'s if you want them to add to the list you have, ___ I say pase' los Cabron, ___ so now I have about 77 plus #'s on that original list ____ with names like, ____ W LOBO, B HOLE, WITCHES HAT, NEW CHINO,
V B HOLE, GOLDEN REEF, TORTS, ETC, EVEN ONE FOR BAIT, ____ ALSO THE CABALLOS, THESE WEREN'T GIVEN IN CONFIDENCE, ____ OR THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE APPEARED HERE, ____ I have in my own private list all of the Caballos,____ that were given to me in confidence,____ that don't appear here, ____ however I think that everyone & there mama knows about the Caballos, ____

____ :fish: Y :fish: Y :fish: Y

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I have also heard if you pay the shrimper captains they will give you coordinates. They have to know them to avoid them or get their nets tourn up. I also heard if they hit a reef and ruin nets they get fired.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
WE have several captains in the family and this is true Bill. You would be smart to copy down the co-ordinates posted as these are good basic way points. Once you get to any waypoint it is a good idea to cruise the reef and find your own rocks- Not every rock holds fish. I have the same list as sally but it holds 84 way points

Jim

Well Known Member
Maybe it was bait and I took the hook but it looks like Happy has turned over a new leaf. Maybe he learned his lesson with his 30 days in the hole... :lol:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ Jim ____ you not only took the hook, but the sinker, & 3-way swivel rig as well, :fish: y :lol:
____ & It will take more than 30-days in the hole to straighten my ass out, ____ :lol: :lol: :lol:
____ Hey ____ next time you are out doing the drunk talk with ____ AZ Miguel, ____ & your fellow flatfoot realtor pals showing ____ swamp shacks, ____ (coops) ____ don't forget to
____ "PEE ON A PIGEON COOP" ____ AH,____ HA,HA,HA, :lol: :lol: :lol: ____

____ And I am really trying to turn over a new leaf, ____ no more messing around on this forum, _
I don't want to get in trouble again with big, ____ "S" ____ or ____ "MR. T" ____ :lol: :lol: :lol:

____ :fish: y :fish: y :fish: y ____

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Sally said:
____ And I am really trying to turn over a new leaf, ____ no more messing around on this forum, _
I don't want to get in trouble again with big, ____ "S" ____ or ____ "MR. T" ____ :lol: :lol: :lol:

____ :fish: y :fish: y :fish: y ____
Do you mean no more "~~~laughing my a** off LOL ~~~" type of comments, BORING!!! :eek3: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E

ellibelli

Thanks to all who responded. Will let you know what we catch when we go out this week!!! Elli & Bill :boat: :fish: :fish: :fish: :boat: :sunny: :usa: :mexico: