reel hard report for the 29th of jan.

ReelHard

grouper slayer
I arrived in town friday night and met Dave at the bar. We chatted about heading out that night. so we called Mark and asked him if he wanted to leave tonight also. He said he would be ready in 30 minutes. So i ran to the house and stopped by jeffs on the way and asked him what was going on. he said just getting the dune buggy ready to take out tommorow. i told him Dave, mark and i were getting ready to head out fishing. His wife heard this and kicked him out the door and told him to go. so he hopped in the truck and off we went. i grabbed my stuff at the house. then ran over to the marina loaded up the boat then gassed her up. dave and mark met us there just as i was llaunching the boat.

We headed out at about 10 oclock with no wind and flat seas. We arrived on the reef just befor midnight. anchored up and dropped a few lines. the only thing biting was croakers. So everyone climbed into there sleeping bags and went to bed.

we awoke just after 6 in the morning. rigged our baits and dropped down. the action was unbelieveable. it was fish after fish. and quality fish at that. I'm talking large ca. sheephead, snapper, huge gold spots, and nice white sea bass. what an awesome trip.

we also lost a few monsters. they had to be huge black sea bass. we even had a mako cut one of our fish in half on the way up. then he decided to circle the boat and tease us. and of course i could not find my shark rig in time.

there were lots of boats out on the water this weekend more than i have seen in a long time. WE saw Dan out there fishing with willy. They did well on the gold spots as well. we also saw ric on board audi's boat along with dennis. BIG DADDY also had his new boat out for the first time.

Attachments

dmcauley

Those sheephead were sure tasty. Al Capones has become THE place to eat now and now I know why. Thanks Dave

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I knew it would be awesome... the weather looked ideal. Too bad I couldn't be down there.

I did manage to figure out my boat's lackluster cruise numbers from last week- too little pitch (only 18 inch) on the props, so I am slipping almost 20% at cruise. I'm already taking to the PropGods in Florida about their recommendations.

I see some yellowtail in that pile- we had a school of firecrackers around the boat last week for about an hour- figures they would decide to eat a week too late.

Had a friend tell me he wants to go out next weekend (feb 4) but the weather forecast is not looking too great.