Reggies update

Doug C.

We are coming down this weekend. I haven't kept up on the changes with Reggies. Is it still in the same place? Reggie's burros have been a staple for us. Can someone summarize?

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Sorry if I got snooty. I thought I asked a legitimate question and did not expect the resonse I got. I'm not a tourist or Hector or Happy and not exactly a newbie to the forum. I've been going to RP for 15 years and was there 10 times last year. I am always telling people, who were scared away, to go back. I consider RP my second home. I didn't mean to offend anybody and will be a little more careful with my choice of words in the future.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Sorry if I got snooty. I thought I asked a legitimate question and did not expect the resonse I got. I'm not a tourist or Hector or Happy and not exactly a newbie to the forum. I've been going to RP for 15 years and was there 10 times last year. I am always telling people, who were scared away, to go back. I consider RP my second home. I didn't mean to offend anybody and will be a little more careful with my choice of words in the future.

The name Happy was never mentioned in this thread once but you are very familiar with our forum. #Catfish

jerry

Well Known Member
I do not think Vern is Tthe Great Weta but do think he should write a topic on buying,sailing and general Hobie advice.Those burritos will increase the wind in your sails.

GV Jack

Snorin God
The answer was provided by Dempsy 17 in Posts 2 & 4. "No Change"

Also there was another thread on Reggie's and Roberto reported that it was open and he
had just finished a delicious burrito.

I for one can't wait to get back there and get some of their donuts and sweet rolls. :cluck:

Kenny

Well Known Member
The answer was provided by Dempsy 17 in Posts 2 & 4. "No Change"

Also there was another thread on Reggie's and Roberto reported that it was open and he
had just finished a delicious burrito.

I for one can't wait to get back there and get some of their donuts and sweet rolls. :cluck:
Dempsey said "Meant to say No Change but the name!", inferring that the name had been changed; no?

Last edited:

GV Jack

Snorin God
Question Post #!
Beachgirl and I want to know if it's the same old Reggies, burritos and donuts ??
6:11 PM 05/13/2013

Answer Post #4
Meant to say No Change but the name!
9:20 AM 05/14/2013

So the question was answered within four posts. And yes he did infer the name had been changed, si?
Now Vern has made amends for his response and the issue is closed, unless at my advanced age and addled mind
I am missing something. It's obvious Vern has had a great deal of RP time and I wish I could say the same. My
time has been limited but of great quality.

Vern, I have a question for you. To whom were you refering when you made the statement about people not using
the forum anymore. I can think of a couple but that's about it. Mostly depends on what's being discussed or argued.

Time to slither back to my oxygen tent.

Kenny

Well Known Member
I do not think Vern is Tthe Great Weta but do think he should write a topic on buying,sailing and general Hobie advice.Those burritos will increase the wind in your sails.
When I see the name Hobie I don't see a boat in my minds eye, I see the Surfboard I had back in the 60's.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Sorry to derail the thread but:

Reggies has the same name and is in the same location. Yes there are changes in what the store stocks. Burritos, donuts, beer, liquor,soda, tortillaa, milk and snacks si. A lot of the other 'convenience' items are gone like soaps and stuff. They are shooting for more of a dine in crowd and may add to the menu. The window washer has moved back to the parking lot but still maintains a spot in front of the bank.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Thanks for the update Roberto, yes this thread did get off on a tangent thanks for getting it back on line.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I've been encouraging Bill , the new owner and old friend, to add unusual things so he can compete with Oxxo. He says he will carry some inexpensive wines I suggested, like 60MP, and nice drinkable non Chilean. I am going to suggest he carries some nice, thicker cut frozen steaks and maybe baking potatoes. Maybe some more sort of gourmet items, implse buy stuff for vacationers who want something special to enjoy that is difficult to find here. Any suggestions as to stuff that you would buy when visiting?

playaperro

El Pirata
Soft serve Ice cream, yogurt, Hamburgers and good hot fries, just fast and good food, I can cook all the expensive stuff at home that I bring from the usa, Ja Ja ..

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
reggies looked more like a bodega in Feb. As long as they have beer and limes ill continue to stop there. My wife loves the bear claws and it sounds like i need to try one of their burritos. Its a good idea to stock some of the one off items as a person who stays in las conchas i do not want to drive all over town looking for 1 thing especially after ive already purchased and consumed said beers and limes.