Reminiscing of better days

Shawno

I am stuck working in Iowa and haven't made it out fishing much this year. I've been reminiscing of better days ...
31# White.jpg100_0867.jpgBlack Sea Bass.jpgBoat.jpgDSCN1146.jpgHalibut.jpgIMG_1162.jpgPicture 048.jpgPinto.jpgRoosterfish.JPGSheep-Snapper.jpgWSB.jpg

jerry

Be fun to look around for old fishing gear,small outboards,old maps etc.at those giant Iowa antique fairs held on blocked off mains streets full of food booths and 100's of antique dealers. A pork chop,sweet corn and pie sounds pretty good to me today.....windy again this morning at the beach in MexicoMexico

dmcauley

I guess we've all been looking at our old pictures and praying for the wind to slow down this year Shawno.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Speaking of Reminiscing- Seeing that picture of my roosterfish reminds me of that entire weekend in Lobos last August... The CRAZY wicked thunderstorms, towing my boat through numerous 2 foot deep mud puddles along the dirt road into Lobos (there were a couple spots in that road where the muddy water was over the top of my trailer fenders as we crossed- any deeper and the boat might have lifted the trailer and floated across; another reason big diesels and 4 wheel drive are the only way to roll in Mexico), Then the tough fishing, and that LOOOOONG caravan road trip back to Penasco in the middle of the night- Shawno blowing out one trailer tire, then the 45 minute military checkpoint stop while they searched everything (I still have dirty army boot footprints ground into my boat's deck), then Shawn blowing out both the entire front hub, and rear tire on the other side of the trailer.

By the time we got back into Rocky Point it was 3am, Shawno with only 3 wheels on his trailer (with no more spare parts or spare tires left :| ) and all of us rolling along at barely 25mph with hazard flashers blinking... But we made it.

That trip was quite an adventure.

jerry

Speaking of Reminiscing- Seeing that picture of my roosterfish reminds me of that entire weekend in Lobos last August... The CRAZY wicked thunderstorms, towing my boat through numerous 2 foot deep mud puddles along the dirt road into Lobos (there were a couple spots in that road where the muddy water was over the top of my trailer fenders as we crossed- any deeper and the boat might have lifted the trailer and floated across; another reason big diesels and 4 wheel drive are the only way to roll in Mexico), Then the tough fishing, and that LOOOOONG caravan road trip back to Penasco in the middle of the night- Shawno blowing out one trailer tire, then the 45 minute military checkpoint stop while they searched everything (I still have dirty army boot footprints ground into my boat's deck), then Shawn blowing out both the entire front hub, and rear tire on the other side of the trailer.

By the time we got back into Rocky Point it was 3am, Shawno with only 3 wheels on his trailer (with no more spare parts or spare tires left :| ) and all of us rolling along at barely 25mph with hazard flashers blinking... But we made it.

That trip was quite an adventure.
Dirt Road in seemed good 2 weeks ago but they are trenching for water line along it where you cut to the highway heading south...dangerous and of course no signage