Rent ranges

MoChic

Hello!
I'm moving to Puerto Penasco this month. I have an airbnb booked for now. I'm hoping to find a 3 to 4 bedroom and would start looking in person once I get there. I'm not looking to live a luxurious lifestyle. I'm a single mom with 2 boys and a dog. What's the range I should expect to pay for that size house and what at the most affordable areas that you may recommend?
I'm working through a budget and wanted some insight. Thank you in advance for your help!

playaperro

El Pirata
There’s an add this morning for 4 houses in las Conchas section 8 from 1300 was the highest price one, not sure what Facebook it was.
Puerto Penasco Friends
Puerto Penasco community.

playaperro

El Pirata
For Las Conchas that’s decent pricing.
There will be more long term rentals with all the new condos for rent and not enough renters to go around.
Facebook has all kinds of short term rentals advertised, be hard to buy thinking you can make payment with rentals. Mexican government takes estimated 20 percent off the top and Airbnb another 25 percent you lucky to get the rest.

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
There will be more long term rentals with all the new condos for rent and not enough renters to go around.
Facebook has all kinds of short term rentals advertised, be hard to buy thinking you can make payment with rentals. Mexican government takes estimated 20 percent off the top and Airbnb another 25 percent you lucky to get the rest.
The 20% to the Mexican government won't cover any of the ISR Tax (not IRS) ( even though if you are a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. they want their tax also ) back to the ISR tax.. it is 30% of realized profit so if you are doing everything by the book legal when your accountant files the report with SAT, get ready for another loosening of the purse strings.. see Impuesto Sobre La Renta https://www.bizlatinhub.com/overview-of-the-taxation-system-in-mexico/#:~:text=ISR is a direct tax,income tax rate is 30%. It takes the fun out of the condo rental business...to me it's a big waste of time.. I know that there are some (not all) rent from owner direct, that don.t pay or report taxes but thats not running a business, its hide and seek..

Last edited:

Old55

Well Known Member
18 years in I have gotten my moneys worth but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are self employed.You just dont have enough time to enjoy it ,fix it and deal with complications that surface ( trust me they will surface ) . Observing my neighbors with a lot of kids it seems the kids really lose interest in it if they aren't outdoor focused by the time they are teens. You get a partner be prepared for their problems to become your problems ….. or they die and you end up dealing with an estate lawyer not familiar with Mexico…. well good luck.

joanC

Well Known Member
The location of the rental you choose, in relation to the beach, will determine the price. Be aware that some advice you hear is from tourists.

playaperro

El Pirata
There’s condos for rent by the baseball stadium I seen advertised for 600 dollars a month. They are gated.
It’s not bad it’s close to bodega (Walmart).
I do live half the year in Puerto Vallarta does that make me a Tourist?

playaperro

El Pirata
Encantame Soleil has a 2 bedroom with a lock out that you can split and rent both bedrooms out.
There was going to be a Marriott going up next to Esmeralda just curious if that will ever come to fruition.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Encantame Soleil has a 2 bedroom with a lock out that you can split and rent both bedrooms out.
There was going to be a Marriott going up next to Esmeralda just curious if that will ever come to fruition.
It's still like it was when they abandoned that project, just with more rust and crumbling concrete wall in front.

randy and patty

Well Known Member
Noticed that Casa Blanca is working on the frontage on Paseo Las Dunas. Looks pretty nice. Also anyone have any info on all the lots for sale in front of Casa Blanca?