Renting a car in Rocky Point to go to the USA

Is it possible to rent a car in Rocky Point, to drive across the border to the USA. I was told by someone that you have to have a Mexican license (I have a Canadian license). This seems odd to me as most people renting cars would be tourists.

If it is possible to rent a car here to take across the border to the USA, I would appreciate if someone could tell me the location of a rental agency that provides this service. I have tried google but can not find anything.
Thanks

Roberto

Recently I rented a car at Bufalo Car Rental on Fremont, about across from the Bomberos and next to the new big taco place. (638 388 9999) I drove to Arizona and back. I have an AZ drivers license and they were aware of that fact. There was no question about it and everything was covered insurance wise. Very nice new vehicles with low miles, car was clean, nicely equipped and completely functional. They have several sizes. I would make a deposit early as you can because they often have no cars on the lot. Think I paid about 700 MP for 24 hours and they give a discount for longer rentals. Ony problem I had was fumbling for the door latch on the passenger's side when the ICE guy with the dog wanted in !! Worst part of the trip was when a guy at the Pemex in Sonlita 'washed' the perfectly clean windshield and left it streaked and dirty !!

I have also rented from the Pro Rent in the past but only for local use so I don't know abou the US business. Car I rented there was fine but older and not in as nice of condition.

Thanks for the link. I called them they do let you take a car to the USA, BUT they do not provide US rental Insurance, I am supposed to provide it.

I have a car here, but only with Mexican insurance. There is short term US insurance available if a car has Sonoran plates and you have a Mexican license, or if you have even have US plates AND a US license.

I have US plates but a Canadian license so I am stuck in a sort of limbo in between.

I thought renting a car would solve the problem, because it would come with insurance, but it looks like I am out of luck there.

Recently I rented a car at Bufalo Car Rental on Fremont, about across from the Bomberos and next to the new big taco place. (638 388 9999) I drove to Arizona and back. I have an AZ drivers license and they were aware of that fact. There was no question about it and everything was covered insurance wise. Very nice new vehicles with low miles, car was clean, nicely equipped and completely functional. They have several sizes. I would make a deposit early as you can because they often have no cars on the lot. Think I paid about 700 MP for 24 hours and they give a discount for longer rentals. Ony problem I had was fumbling for the door latch on the passenger's side when the ICE guy with the dog wanted in !! Worst part of the trip was when a guy at the Pemex in Sonlita 'washed' the perfectly clean windshield and left it streaked and dirty !!

I have also rented from the Pro Rent in the past but only for local use so I don't know abou the US business. Car I rented there was fine but older and not in as nice of condition.
Thanks Roberto! I called Bufalo no problem they DO provide US Insurance with a Canadian license Yipeee!:aagh:

Roberto

. There is short term US insurance available if a car has Sonoran plates and you have a Mexican license, or if you have even have US plates AND a US license.

They were selling that policy here a few years ago but I was informed that although it might get you off a lack of insurance charge in the US the company would not pay if there was an accident. Portugal used to sell it right there at the kiosk in the middle of the stree at the border. A few years ago I was told they would not sell to me and only sold policies to Mexican titled and licensed vehicles. I was in transit to pick up a son at Tucson Airport and got a guy up the street near the border to write the policy although he informed me that the company would not pay!! I took a chance, sweated out a careful drive up and was lucky!!

Roberto I found this company in the USA that offers short term US Insurance if you have US Plates AND a US License.
https://www.segurogringo.com/default.aspx
I do not know anything about this company from their site

Cars & Vans with USA license plates.
This service is only for foreigners who reside permanently in Mexico and drive cars or vans with license plates from USA. Any person (FM3 Mexican or foreign) who lives in Mexico, traveling as a tourist to the U.S. in a vehicle with U.S. plates. The home must be in Mexico, and the person must be licensed in the USA.

Thanks again for being so helpful really appreciated!