Renting a car

JPK_AZ

Has anyone rented a car, from say Hertz, and drove down to Rocky Point? Do car rental company's allow this?

azdiva

Some renters simply do not tell the agency where they are traveling to. Some agencies have tracking devices installed
on their cars and can give you a detailed map of where you drove their car. If you do not get a mexican rider or permission
they can charge you when you return their car...Surprise.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
JP, it is all about honesty. If nothing goes wrong... no problem. If there is a misshap... you forfeit your rights and get slapped big time.

Why would you rent? Is the first Question. You have no car? ???

There are many shuttle services, call them.​

Jim

This has been covered before. I don't remember which rental companies allow it but there are some. They require you to buy their Mexican insurance. Do a search and I'm sure you will find what you need. Or, maybe someone else remembers which ones allow it?

Hi,
I know that Enterprise allows you to drive into Mexico. They require that you purchase your Mexico insurance through them however.

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
Most car rental companies will ask you for Mex. Ins. to be bought thru them at the end you are looking at somewhere in the $100 per day and if you rent a larger car even more, the easiest way will be to get your round trip fare for $125 from us and we'll pick you up at your house, hotel or airport (sorry!! Tucson only unless you have a group of 7 or more) and take you to the door of the place you are staying in RP, once there you can rent a car from Mar de Cortez Rental Car phone 102-0990 or cel 638-113-0022, all you need is a driver license and a major credit card or use the local taxis for about $2 per person, I would not pay more then $6 if enough people to fill the taxi the other Taxi "Turistico" will be a lot more expensive

Last edited: