report for dec 4th.

ReelHard

grouper slayer
scott,dave, and a former co worker and two of his brother in-laws and my self headed out saturday morning. we left the dock at around 4:30 and arived to the 51 mile reef just as day break came. we all dropped down and were instantly hooked up. after a few more drifts we decided to anchor up. we caught fish on almost every bait. 1 real nice wsb at about 35lbs. 8 california sheephead. 1 halibut. 7 red snapper and a ton of gold spots and 5 humbolt squid which by the way make great seviche. on our way back to the dock we stopped at a secret reef. (not known to to many) we caught 3 red snapper there and a 45lbs pinto. we then called it a day and headed back. the boat did wonderful and had plenty of room for all 6 of us. only had 4 or 5 tangles all day. im glad i did not cheat myself by getting a lesser boat.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Awesome, glad to hear it ran well.

I spent this past weekend in Washington DC, and I will be booked solid through Christmas, but I've got the whole week between the holidays off work and I'm hoping to get down there for a couple solid days of fishing. I'll be in touch with you guys.

T

Tomcat

Do you expect me to believe this story ???? I think next time I get down to RP you need to take me and a few other folks on the forum out to make sure your new boat is safe and fully functional... I am thinking another fish fry would be a good idea after we catch another load of fish like you did on the 4th... OK OK I am busted LOL I saw your boat in earlier pictures and yeah 6 would be real comfortable fishing from that sweet boat....

Hey a guy can try right !!!! LOL :)
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawno

Doug - Wow, nice haul! It sure must be nice splitting costs six ways. You'll have to tell me how to make Humboldt ceviche sometime. I love squid, but can't seem to figure out a good way to cook those big ones. They make good shark bait though. I hope you post some photos, especially of the big WSB and Pinto. Congrats again on the new boat. Wish I was there to join you.

I'm trying to line up a trip to go popping for giant trevally out of Oman. I'll fill you in later.

dmcauley

Doug didn't mention that when we went out to his secret spot on Sunday on my boat with him, Ric and Scott that we found it just about all fished out except for a few gold spot bass. We did manage to load up on goldies and corvina at another spot tho'. Wish I coulda' made it out to 51 on saturday.
Great boat Doug.

Shawno

Hey Doug - Have you checked the IGFA all-tackle world record for Pinto? I'd bet it is under 50 pounds ... and good eating too.

fishaholic

Jeff "Just Hammered"
Doug, Congrats on the new boat and your world record pargo! A 45lb Pinto is right up there too! Well it is pretty apparent you have been eating well lately. We are off to San Carlos for some WSB fishing this weekend and I will be back to fish RP with the Family on the 17th-19th. I hope the fishing stays good :) If we get lucky I'll post a report.