Resort Question

mikef

We have always stayed at Las Palmas but thinking about trying out Bella Serena. Pros or cons of each? Thank you.

marybna

Well Known Member
I am an original owner at Bella. Lots of grass very quiet. You can leave the windows open and never hear anything. They have been redoing the main pool with bar and restaurant, Check to see if it is open yet. Renter can use the gym.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I am an original owner at Bella. Lots of grass very quiet. You can leave the windows open and never hear anything. They have been redoing the main pool with bar and restaurant, Check to see if it is open yet. Renter can use the gym.
Real quiet as long as no Mexican helo/gunships are in the area.;) But it is a great resort.

mikef

Well I booked a beachfront 5 bedroom home for this week in Bella Serena. Wednesday through Sunday. We love Las Palmas but decided to try something different.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Uh oh. Should I be worried?
I and many others here feel that RP is currently pretty safe, so enjoy the trip. I was making jest of what happened in 2013.

But it scared a few folks who moved out of RP, some cartel and Americans.

Dec. 2013 there was a shoot-out at the Bella between Cartel lieutenants and the Mexican military.
A Helo/Gunship took out a few Cartel cars parked at the Bella and the resulting firefight left 5 bad guys No Mas.

Here is a link to the whole story, there are many around the web. It was a pretty scary at the time.
http://tucson.com/news/local/border/gunbattle-leaves-at-least-dead-in-rocky-point/article_9a405b87-f983-558f-ae9d-6eb6e884e7a2.html

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Gotta watch out for those rose vendors as you enter the Malecon in the evenings. Musta been twenty of em there two weeks ago. Some real rough lookin characters.

We had absolutely NO problems that weekend. Most of the locals were asking me where were all of the Gringos.

JJ

marybna

Well Known Member
They used my patio for the police guns. My big patio was covered with shells. The military or police broke down my wood front door. A neighbor came up when they got the all clear and said nothing was taken or damaged. Everything was cleaned up and a new door was in place by the time I got down there.

marybna

Well Known Member
This is way it is so quiet at Bella. See all the grass. I have a one bedroom and the patio is large. I know we don't go down on weekends because I am rented, but we sleep with the sliding door on the patio open. Most of the time the beach pool has maybe one or two people there. The pools between the condo building are empty and the pool by the swim up bar has the most people. During the week I can always get a beach Shade palapa but I do have a beach umbrella in thee unit.

Attachments

apricot

Well Known Member
If that was your room, don't think your going in there for awhile.
I agree....but how long is awhile? It's been over 3 years now. Haven't been over to Bella Sirena in at least a year, but 2 years after the incident it was still boarded up. Just wondering if that is still the case. And did the cartel own that unit?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
We have always stayed at Las Palmas but thinking about trying out Bella Serena. Pros or cons of each? Thank you.
I honestly don't think there are any cons to Bella Serena other than it can be difficult at times to get in as a guest. If you rented one of beach front casitas you're in for a treat. Bella Sirena is more intimate and adulty compared to the Sonorans or Las Palomas... BS is by far my favorite when I can get a group together and afford it.

mikef

We are staying in house number 19. If you are on the beach looking up at the houses it is the second to last on the left side. Anybody know which one was shot up?

mikef

They used my patio for the police guns. My big patio was covered with shells. The military or police broke down my wood front door. A neighbor came up when they got the all clear and said nothing was taken or damaged. Everything was cleaned up and a new door was in place by the time I got down there.
What house number is yours?

marybna

Well Known Member
it was one of the villas, It took almost a year for it to be released as a crime scene. It is all brand new and owned by someone. I see furniture of the patios and have seen people there. I should have had them save some of the shell casing on my deck.