resort suggestions for first stay

mojo

Hi everyone so happy to find this forum! We are making our first trip to Rocky Point and can't decide where to stay since there are so many choices. I've read reviews that say La Paloma and Sonoran Sky have management problems and don't have the best service anymore. I also read that alot of the resorts advertise restaurants,bars and stores that are not open anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Hello there Mojo!

Welcome to the forums, firstly, and welcome to Rocky Point!

We're a crazy ol' community but rest assured, problems aside we're all in the same boat of trying to get Rocky Point the promotion and respect it deserves. It really is beautiful here!

Check out some of these deals, these are my recommendations:

Bella Sirena :: More Resort Info

Casa Blanca :: More Resort Info

Las Gaviotas :: More Resort Info

Those are just some of my personal recommendations from having lived here for 5 years, and working in the vacation rental business. However there are many resorts here and each have their high-points.

Check out some more resorts here and find which one is the best for you: Rental Resorts in Rocky Point

Thanks,
Braden Black

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I haven't heard of management problems at any of the Sonoran Resorts. I'm sure Jim Ringquist will pipe up on the matter.

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Sonoran Resorts aren't the problem, it's RPR that manages rentals. That's where the culprit is.

garyd

Well Known Member
Hi everyone so happy to find this forum! We are making our first trip to Rocky Point and can't decide where to stay since there are so many choices. I've read reviews that say La Paloma and Sonoran Sky have management problems and don't have the best service anymore. I also read that alot of the resorts advertise restaurants,bars and stores that are not open anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
www.laspalmas-mex.com

AZJD

Bella Sirena is the nicest condo complex I've been to in Rocky Point. Find a great deal on VRBO.

mis2810

Well Known Member
Bella Sirena is the nicest condo complex I've been to in Rocky Point. Find a great deal on VRBO.
Everyone's definition of "nice" is different. For me, Bella Sirena is set back too far from the water, and it always seems overly quiet. Some people like a little action, some music maybe? I think it depends on age as well. For me, Bella Sirena is more of an older people's resort and I'm gonna be 48!

The Sonorans always seem to have a good mix of people. Las Palmas tends to be quiet as well. I'll be staying at Las Palomas for the first time in July, so I'll have that to compare as well. We don't have any kids, and don't like to be overrun by kids, but something more than a library at the beach is great!

El Gato

Well Known Member
Bella Sirena has some of the most beautiful grounds of any of the condos - we watch kids playing games on the grass - 4 different pools - palapas on the beach - great swim up bar - music can only go until 10pm - we find it to be more of a family resort then "spring break kids" type of place. It is on the beach in a horseshoe arrangement with lots of grass and paths wandering down to the beach. You are probably correct in that it isn't a big "party all night" type of place, although some do - but all ages here - including us "old fogies" :) My feeling is it falls more in the "family" catagory.

Everyone's definition of "nice" is different. For me, Bella Sirena is set back too far from the water, and it always seems overly quiet. Some people like a little action, some music maybe? I think it depends on age as well. For me, Bella Sirena is more of an older people's resort and I'm gonna be 48!

The Sonorans always seem to have a good mix of people. Las Palmas tends to be quiet as well. I'll be staying at Las Palomas for the first time in July, so I'll have that to compare as well. We don't have any kids, and don't like to be overrun by kids, but something more than a library at the beach is great!

az-dan

Well Known Member
Braden what are the problems that you have had with RPR or are you just slamming the competition? I am an owner at the Sonoran Sea and have dealt with RPR for almost 3 years. They have always treated me fair, rented my unit as best they could and I have always received my money within a reasonable time. The Sonoran Sea is a great place to stay and I have no problems with RPR in fact my unit is completely booked unit August so there must be a lot of other people that don’t have a problem with RPR either.