Restaraunt La Costera near Santo Tomas

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
We ate at the new restaurant in Alvaro Obregon (the farming pueblo you drive through on the way to Santo Tomas). I rate that as one of the all time best dining experiences of my life (and I have eaten at 5 star resorts and hotels). The woman cooked in San Francisco until she and family were deported. She served seven courses and all were flavorful and well prepared. If you are in Santo Tomas you must try this place! There is no menu, she just makes what she feels with what is fresh and local. Cost about 10 bucks per person. Bring your own beer and sodas.

Ask the guards to let them know you are coming or ask around town to find it and leave a note on the door like we did. They are open sporadically. It is on the same street as the Market and about 3 blocks further away from the Costera and towards Santo Tomas. There is a small sign on the Costera that is easy to miss, and there is no sign on the restaurant unless it is open. She will open up for you anytime if you can get the word to her.

jerry

Cesi is a great cook and her husband is a fisherman...a very good one... you usually can get some fish to go too ....the availability of the local produce makes it a slam dunk

jerry

it's in the middle of the town on what you could call the man drag.She will also cook for a large group at the houses and another great cook Marta can be teamed up with the head guard gaspar to cook too...

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Jerry you are so right about the local fish and produce. This place is a locavore gourmet paradise.

MIRAMAR to be more specific on the location: Take the Costera highway south towards El Desemboque and Lobos past the major interchange that also branches to Caborca. About five miles past that you see the sign for Santo Tomas. As you are approaching the paved exit to Santo Tomas there is a wide dirt road lined with small palm trees that you can turn on from the highway. The restaurant is on this road. You will pass the school (if I remember correctly) and the little grocery store on your left. I think three blocks further along the restaurant is on your left. If the sign is not up it is easy to miss. You are looking for a brown freshly stuccoed building with a long white table in the front yard. It has a very nice door with I think some colored glass trim. If you look in you will recognize it as a nice little Mexican dining spot. I hope that helps! Some people knew where it was, but some in town had no idea.