Restaurant La Cocina de Ramon

Out of the way, very nice interior and ambiance, excellent service and authentic Mexican food. Located one block south of Simon Morua (street that Ace Hardware is on) and 3 blocks East of Ace (Av. Fco. Gonzalez Bocanegra).

I used to live in the white house directly across the street to the west... we moved out just as Ramon was moving in... maybe that's a good thing... I've tried his fish and chips and if I still lived next door I would be twice the size I am now... Great Food...

I used to live in the white house directly across the street to the west... we moved out just as Ramon was moving in... maybe that's a good thing... I've tried his fish and chips and if I still lived next door I would be twice the size I am now... Great Food...
I had a fish dish....and couldn't finish it!!! Went there with a Mexican friend...glad I picked up a business card, because I probably couldn't have found the place again (my friend was giving me directions, and she doesn't drive so we were all over the place getting there). The card says they also do catering/weddings.

Last edited:
I am good friends with his brother-in-law Francisco the owner/captain of the panga PRINCESSA... I remember when that restaurant was just a one room building the size of a garage... quite an impressive difference...

if you forget where it's at just ask me, I remember, I lived across from him for 8 years...

I am good friends with his brother-in-law Francisco the owner/captain of the panga PRINCESSA... I remember when that restaurant was just a one room building the size of a garage... quite an impressive difference...

if you forget where it's at just ask me, I remember, I lived across from him for 8 years...
Their business card has a nice little map, and when I say little, I mean I had to use a magnifying glass to read a couple of the street names. I can find it...with Ace Hardware as a reference point. It was just that I rode around with my friend from down off Fremont...too many turns...you know, turn left here, no you should have turned right....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
MMMNNNNNNNN La Cocina de Ramon! The best fish and chips I ever had. I'll show you where it is, Joe!

Hey guys....I appreciate the offer to help me find the place....but I know where it is...now (since I finally found that little business card at home)!!!

Try the fish and chips at Capone's. Those guys get it fresh and do it right. Good malt vinegar too
Sorry....can't agree agree with most of your restaurant/bar evaluations!!!....actually any! ....particularly when it comes to Capones:roll: :twisted:

It's funny that you just joined....have made a bunch of posts on the various restaurants, and the only place you rant about is Capones!!! Do you have some interest in the place????

Last edited:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
It's funny that you just joined....have made a bunch of posts on the various restaurants, and the only place you rant about is Capones!!! Do you have some interest in the place????
I have a "feeling" about this one...:fish:

We'll be hearing more on a lot of different subjects-some close to home....