Restaurants with AC?

SunDevil

We are going to have a big family group down in RP in a couple weeks during what is probably going to be a hot week in Aug. We would like to get out to eat a couple of times.

What restaurants in RP would you recommend that have AC? I know the Friendly Dolphin does but I think it is only upstairs and my dad is handicapped and can't get up there.

Thanks for the help. Chris.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Portofinos for yummy Italian food and Ramon's for yummy fish and chips. Portofinos has the Filete Portofino which is a yummy, fork tender filet covered in avocado cream. Yummay!!!!!

For a wonderful meal, Mare Blu out at the Reef is excellent. The staff is great, the food top-notch and the atmosphere is friendly. A perfect view of the sunset, too!

The Lighthouse and I think El Capitan....both up the hill before the malecon....also La Curva (that old standby) and Capones.

Last edited:

toetrx

For a wonderful meal, Mare Blu out at the Reef is excellent. The staff is great, the food top-notch and the atmosphere is friendly. A perfect view of the sunset, too!
Rosy,
Is this the old "Reef" restaurant, with the piano bar upstairs?? The food and service was always good there!

Roberto

For a large group you might try Hacienda Las Fuentes, on Fremont near the stop sign on Sinaloa. It is all on one level, great AC, no steps, has booths or tables that can be arranged for a large group. Open Thursday thru Sunday. Food is good, people are friendly and it has a unique old world atmosphere. Probably the most beautiful restaurant in Penasco. It used to be expensive but they have lowered the prices.

Last edited:
Rosy,
Is this the old "Reef" restaurant, with the piano bar upstairs?? The food and service was always good there!
Yep, Mare Blu is the old Reef Restaurant and the new bar upstairs is called Wrecked at the Reef. You won't believe the change in decor upstairs. The new look is definitely more rock, with lyrics painted on the walls as you climb the stairs. They have a real nice pool table, the largest tv screen in town (110") and a menu with burgers, etc. The owner (upstairs only) is Randy, the original owner of the BooBar.

Pablo of Karaoke fame is no longer at the Black Dog, he's now playing here on Thursdays from 8pm-11pm and La Merca plays on Friday and Saturday nights.

mis2810

Yep, Mare Blu is the old Reef Restaurant and the new bar upstairs is called Wrecked at the Reef. You won't believe the change in decor upstairs. The new look is definitely more rock, with lyrics painted on the walls as you climb the stairs. They have a real nice pool table, the largest tv screen in town (110") and a menu with burgers, etc. The owner (upstairs only) is Randy, the original owner of the BooBar.

Pablo of Karaoke fame is no longer at the Black Dog, he's now playing here on Thursdays from 8pm-11pm and La Merca plays on Friday and Saturday nights.
Rosie - my husband knows the drummer from La Merca - Jaime. He used to live here in Phoenix and my BIL (husband's brother) played in a band with him. Last fall La Merca was playing at Catorce and we went to see them.

Rosie, where's a good place in PP to go hear and dance cumbia? I've asked around and nobody ever knows anything.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, Cumbia!
The old Arturos or La Caba as it was known! "Voy a buscar, un riconcito en el cielo"..... Such good memories! I would LOVE to do that again!...........Let me know, too. I'm sure I still have it, even at 53! LOL!

Rosie - my husband knows the drummer from La Merca - Jaime. He used to live here in Phoenix and my BIL (husband's brother) played in a band with him. Last fall La Merca was playing at Catorce and we went to see them.

Rosie, where's a good place in PP to go hear and dance cumbia? I've asked around and nobody ever knows anything.
I'm as clueless as everyone else you've asked about this. The one place I've seen good salsa dancing has been late nights at Barra Vieja. Funny how that place doesn't kick in 'til about 11pm, but once it does...it's jumpin'.

mis2810

Chari, those two places are no more? In May we went to listen to the band at Barra Vieja - they were pretty good - and the music was very danceable - I don't think we stayed past midnight, though. In July we went to Elixir which was a VERY young crowd, but the music was fun. But I'd rather find a good cumbia place!

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
No Melissa,
Arturos and La Caba were the same place. It is gone now. I don't know where good Cumbia is now. Let me ask a friend who would probably know....I'll get back to you.

Rosie, I love Salsa as much as the next person but when you want Cumbia....... Can someone else chime in with a good Cumbia place?

Jim

Camel has live Cumbia and Norteno every Thursday. Starts pretty late there too. 11:00 - 3:00am.

Vvalenz

We have eaten there twice, the food is awesome and service is terrific, Adrian is our fav waiter.