Road conditions in and to Penasco ???

Roberto

Have not been out since before the storm. Anyone been around town anywhere and can report on road conditions?

Vehicles going by in Las Conchas show gumbo up to the rims of the wheels but not the hubs.

Roberto

10/2 1:00 PM. Just spoke to a friend on the way down . Said the highway through the TO Reservation is closed as of 1:00 10/2. He turned back to Tucson. ICE at Lukeville said they thought the highway from Why to the border was open after being closed last evening or so. He said cars are comin through.

mondone

Whitecaps
I would not recommend coming down today if heading to Playa Encanto. The Rio Sonoyta is flowing over our road coming in and we can not get in or out right now.

Roberto

As of yesterday 10/3, highway through the TO reservation coming from Tucson is closed. People are going over to Gila Bend to come from Tucson.

Terry C

A message to our Playa Encanto folks...
As you may of heard there is a 80% chance that CFE will have to cut the power. We are waiting on word from CFE.

Now, keep in mind that the water has receded some and if it keeps it up the electric will be good, we hope.

There are plans in effect if the power does go out for evacuation. Keep in mind that only medical necessary evacuation is going on right now, only two people have requested it so far. A panga was due to arrive at the beach at 11:00.

Our attorney, Rogelio continues with our worst case scenario, power turned off and no way out of Encanto. He is in communication with the Mexican Civil Protection people.

Phil Canale and Rhonda Morgan have been house to house and have been over seeing everything at the beach, along with others.

A soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Terry