Rocky Point Beaches are better then California's because.........

AZ ROB

Location, Location ,Location... and all of the great people we have met in the short time we have been coming here....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Too expensive, too cold, too crowded, too far, crazy traffic and harassment from the police. My Jeep tires are not legal in California and I get pulled over EVERY time and harassed! Argh!
I love my Puerto Penasco!

Last edited:
California beaches are a waste of time..........and let's not even get started on the conditions of the water there. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The water here is warm enough most of the year that you can actually spend your time in the water not just looking at it from the beach. I love it and here is a pick of my favorite thing to do.My favorite thing to do.jpg

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Heck, I tried to swim in San Diego in August! I spent the day sitting on the beach with my beach towel over my legs!

Friggin' Brrrrrrr!

MIRAMAR

8. You can go clam digging
9. You can see dolphins and sea lions
10. You don't get hit by another surfer when trying to catch a wave
11. You can still find sea shells on the beach

I'm sure there are more.

California has some of the best beaches, waves, diving , fishing in the world. That's why they are so busy. The diving is may be cold water diving but there is nothing like diving in the kelp. The channel islands have incredible dive with prestine camping oportunities. I love Rocky Point but there real draw is the peacefull nights, stars, beautiful sunsets, warm water and relaxation.

Rick
Cholla Bay and Southern California

Kenny

Being a old surf rat and free diver in the 60's and early 70's in S Cal, I'll have to agree with Ric on this one. But again, some of my most memorable spear fishing as a kid, was off the escarpment at Cholla bay on a high tide in the late 50's. Chasing a big tide out in those day's was a blast too, with lot's of sea life in the bay, and around the point in those day's.

Last edited:
Kenny,
I am builing my house on Pinto Point just for that reason. I walk down to one side of the point to the sidewalk entry, snorkle or scuba around the point to the other sidewalk exit and walk home. Lots of fun and lots to see. Not much on visability.

Rick
Cholla Bay

gail

Ha, Rick, I was just reading this thread when I realized the "sidewalk exit" you're talking about is the sidewalk we put in in front of our house on Pinto Point. We live in Seattle and don't get down there as much as we'd like so it would be great if you're walking up the walk from your snorkeling and ever see anything amiss that you send us a heads up. Also we'll be down for the month of October (hopefully by the end of the week). Stop by and say hi.
-Gail (& Jeff)

Gail,
We have talked before. I always keep my eyes open when I am down there. I have friends down there that all watch out for each other. Soon I hope to see my home in Cholla anytime I want from my computer screen. I won't be down until Novemder, I have to dive in this horible California water. I can hardly get those divers scallops and lobster down. I still have your email from the last time. I will keep in touch. Steve lives by Pinto Point and is on the HOA board and I am sure he is watching things also.

Rick
Cholla Bay