Rocky Point Real Estate Projects Mapped

This is my first posting on the site but I've followed your postings since the new site got up and running. Thought it was about time to "give back." I have been doing due diligence on the Rocky Point construction market for over two and a half years and the GoogleMap link below maps most of the completed, in progress and "defunct" projects over the last six years. It's about six months old now and needs updating but I think you'll get the point. It also includes the websites associated with the projects if you want to "dig" deeper. It's best viewed in satellite mode and you'll need to zoom in and out to get the full benefit of the map. Enjoy!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 2&t=h&z=13

PS-I also have an Excel Spreadsheet with similar information if for some reason you're not able to open the above link. Send me a request and I'll shoot it off to anyone that wants it on an individual basis.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
welcome BigKahuna, might be 6 month old but the map of PP is the best I have seen, with the street names :D !!!
Thanks for sharing!
I donno but everytime I see or hear "bigkahuna" it seems to me it means "huevos grandes" please enlight me and correct me if I am wrong, do not speak hawaiin. :eek3:

InkaRoads said:
welcome BigKahuna, might be 6 month old but the map of PP is the best I have seen, with the street names :D !!!
Thanks for sharing!
I donno but everytime I see or hear "bigkahuna" it seems to me it means "huevos grandes" please enlight me and correct me if I am wrong, do not speak hawaiin. :eek3:
Close enough for me!

Kenny

Ink, Duke Kahanamoku was the big Kahuna in the surfing world. He brought surfing to the states from Hawaii and today many people still think of him when they see or hear the words "big Kahuna". I guess you could say it means expert, the best. :sunny:

Kenny

Kenny said:
Ink, Duke Kahanamoku was the big Kahuna in the surfing world. He brought surfing to the states from Hawaii and today many people still think of him when they see or hear the words "big Kahuna". I guess you could say it means expert, the best. :sunny: Kenny
He was my uncle!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow, this will occupy some of my time tonight. I never paid any attention to the condos and I am AMAZED that there are so many! :eek3: :eek: :shock:

Wow, just wow.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Thanks Kenny, so BigK36 are you an expert in tropical drinks? we might need some for Thanksgiving dinner aftermath party, to killl the sleeping effects of, mmmmm I know it is not stricnine!!!! I guess I had a see Nile, hahaha moment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

InkaRoads said:
Thanks Kenny, so BigK36 are you an expert in tropical drinks? we might need some for Thanksgiving dinner aftermath party, to killl the sleeping effects of, mmmmm I know it is not stricnine!!!! I guess I had a see Nile, hahaha moment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How does a Mai Tai with tequila sound?

K

keithrosenblum

Big, I am unable to contact you directly because of a restriction. Would you willing to send me the spreadsheet to which you allude? I am a reporter (you can Google my name to see pieces I've done previously) and your work would help me compile a list of inventories. I would give you credit in anything I write.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
It is north of both projects, Sunset Village collasped almost as soon as it started, 5 or 6 years ago. El Solito Restaurant is at km21 and there is a new tourist center *(Federal Govt.) being built just past El Solito. You cant miss it. I'm sure glad we weren't included on that map It almost if you are on that map your chances of success are reduced by 90%). We probably out sold all of them (not money) but land wise and nobody ever heard of the place. It took a 4 wheel drive usually to get out there before the road was in and we still did great. It was much better before the new road, one day I pulled 6 cars out of the sand. Robertos office sold lots like crazy back then. Some people like it and some don't, because of the extreme tidal movement out there.

Last edited:

mis2810

Lagrimas - My husband and I were supposed to be coming down over Labor Day weekend and I was going to make an appointment to come see you and Roberto about buying a lot at Lopez, but because of some unplanned veterinary expenses we've had to postpone our trip until Columbus Day. The weather will be nicer anyway.

How far past El Solito is Lopez?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Lagrimas - My husband and I were supposed to be coming down over Labor Day weekend and I was going to make an appointment to come see you and Roberto about buying a lot at Lopez, but because of some unplanned veterinary expenses we've had to postpone our trip until Columbus Day. The weather will be nicer anyway.

How far past El Solito is Lopez?
El Solito is exactly in the center.

Roberto

Big K;
Lots of work there, thanks for sharing !!

Just for accuracy the Sunset Village marker is actually on the Laguna Shores site. Not much to see for Sunset Village but I think it is showing one small building close to the highway and across form that shrimp farm. You could also add Playa Mia along the coast there. It's defunct.

If you go up the coast a bit on Map and Satellite you will see the thriving community of Playa Lopez, cross hatch of roads, zoom in to see the houses. Look real carefully and you'll see Esperanza there smiling on the beach !!! $45 a month for an ocean view building lot !!!!!! Whooops, could not resist.:p:p:p

Thanks again for sharing.

Big K;
Lots of work there, thanks for sharing !!

Just for accuracy the Sunset Village marker is actually on the Laguna Shores site. Not much to see for Sunset Village but I think it is showing one small building close to the highway and across form that shrimp farm. You could also add Playa Mia along the coast there. It's defunct.

If you go up the coast a bit on Map and Satellite you will see the thriving community of Playa Lopez, cross hatch of roads, zoom in to see the houses. Look real carefully and you'll see Esperanza there smiling on the beach !!! $45 a month for an ocean view building lot !!!!!! Whooops, could not resist.:p:p:p

Thanks again for sharing.

Although I continue to visit Penasco for pleasure the last few years, I still have a passion for real estate in Mexico. Almost forgot about this map until someone on this site had nothing but time on their hands and found the original posting from several years ago. Now you guys have gone and done it and awakened me from the dead! I have this idea to update the map per some of the previous comments but can't figure out how to do it on Google Maps. I've watched several tutorials on editing but still can't figure it out. Sorry.

Started copying and pasting some of the websites associated with the map locations to see if they're still active and was somewhat surprised. I could easily burn a number of hours checking out the websites but don't think it will help the market.

Penasco has changed over the past few years. I spent an entire week this August at Bella Serina and continue to be saddened by the loss of gringo visitors. Most of the cars in the parking lots had Sonoran license plates. Sure the town has it's share of issues but what town doesn't. It just feels like all the energy has been sucked out of the area, maybe it's because of the hot humid weather. Hope it gets better soon.

In any event, several people have tried to contact me recently about a spread sheet that I allude to in my original posting. About a year and a half ago I had to replace the hard drive on my computer and although I saved the original hard drive I haven't spent much time trying to transfer the data so I can't make it available at the moment. I'm at that age where I know how to use a computer but don't have a clue how they work.

Roberto, I'll gladly change the location of Laguna Shores and Sunset Village (you're right) but haven't figured out how to do it. Now I suppose I'll lose sleep over it until it's fixed. I'm one of those obsessive compulsive types.