Rocky Point Shipwrecked!

playaperro

El Pirata
ROCKY POINT SHIPWRECKED
December 2011
Article stolen from local newspaper
The housing crisis in America, the lack of infrastructure and insecurity have affected the Sonoran destination

By: Nallely Ortigoza and Rolando Chacon
Reforma newspaper Taken

The former Paradise real estate in Puerto Penasco, Sonora, is now practically abandoned and the construction of new housing developments, completely stopped.
After the boom that lived between 2001 and 2007-years that were built more than 3 000 houses, including 30 luxury condominium projects, today this resort faces a drop in sales of this type of housing more than 70 percent.
This is because, experts say, both the EU housing crisis as insecurity and lack of infrastructure.
Currently, the buildings have depreciated as much as 60 percent from their levels before the crisis, said Jonni Francis, member of the Coldwell Banker real estate in Puerto Peñasco.
In fact, although the total inventory housing is about 25 000 units and that 650 properties in the residential segment are for sale, barely able to market 15 per month, said Richard Savino, president of the Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals in Puerto Peñasco.
"When the economy worsened in America was very difficult because all of our buyers come from there, so they are not buying, "he said.
Richard Kiy, president of the International Community Foundation and author of a study of U.S. retirees in Mexico, agreed that the fall demand for properties in Puerto Peñasco is due to the housing crisis in America.
Having tied its economy to the market in Arizona and Nevada, mainly in Puerto Penasco caused a devastating effect, as the bulk of its customers live in the two states most affected by the U.S. housing crisis.
Omar Tirado, reservations manager of the firm Ocean Real Estate, said at the beginning of the crisis, many Americans who had purchased condos in the port fell into bankruptcy and were forced to sell their properties. Even some, in despair, cut their prices, which led to a cascading effect.
"If you want to compete in the market, you have to match the prices, and some have fallen 50 percent or more, even 70 percent" said Tirado.
Because of this, at least three projects were left half-built and three are in foreclosure.
But this has not only affected the housing sector, as room occupancy decreased from 65 percent in 2007 to 35 percent in 2011, and prices of the rooms fell 40 percent, according to the Mexican Association of Hotels and Motels.
In the case of restaurants, sales were down between 40 and 50 percent, estimated Mario Zazueta, regional vice president of Sonora and Sinaloa in the National Chamber of the Restaurant Industry and Seasoned Foods.
Francis relates that when comparing the year 2005, before the start of the housing crisis, from 2011, it shows a drop in sales relatively low, 3 per percent, but revenue fell 37 percent due to plummeting prices.
By comparing the new properties that are offered in Puerto Peñasco notice the drop in construction.
In 2005, Coldwell Banker offered until November 112 new properties, but now is 49 and their value in 2011 is only 20 percent of the value of offering 6 years ago.
"This building was thus, inconclusive, and already has well over four years", said Juan, the caretaker of a condominium complexes such Resort, "and there was no sale, everything was closed and the owners said 'let's go', we do not know when, but so many around the port."
Some resorts such as Marbella, Playa Las Conchas, finished construction, but because only a few condos sold, had to close, as were income or to maintain the operation.
Agents consulted consider that prior to the crisis, the developers of condominiums and resorts fell into certain "excesses "few guarantees by requiring Americans.
In addition to the economic crisis which hit the United States, joined public safety crisis in Mexico, which for real estate agents was more negative propaganda to strengthen their domestic real estate market.

" Peñasco is not sinking, is afloat: Mayor Alejandro Zepeda
It takes place in the Forum of Delegates Peñasco in Sonora »

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Ya I should of edited that. Hey I thought you said you did not comprehend "Mexican". Also did you read where they want to fine the fiesta loser owner Sherman from 3000 pesos to 3 million
pesos, how much is that is usa currency?

playaperro

El Pirata
Also did you read where they want to fine the fiesta loser owner Sherman from 3000 pesos to 3 million
pesos, how much is that is usa currency? Where does it say i said you said THAT.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
I did not edit this

Fined up to 3 million pesos to the Fiesta Cruiser
December 12, 2011

The damage being caused to the town of Puerto Peñasco still going through a slump in tourism: Alan Munro

By: Ivan Bravo
PTO. Peñasco, SON.

The delegate of the Federal Environment in Sonora, Alan Munro Lopez, said the fines and penalties that apply to the tourist boat "Fiesta Cruiser" will be from 3 000 to 3 million pesos.
The sanctions were determined by the recreational boat aground last October caused minimal damage and no serious environmental, so still not make the payment of damages.
He said the delegate of the Profepa in the State, that the marine ecosystem was not damaged serious grounding and oil spill, above, with the valuable intervention of government authorities and the Municipal Department of the Navy to immediately intervene in the incident.
"cleaned the waste to be dumped at Playa Bonita, the penalty can range from 3 000 to 3 million pesos have not determined the penalty will be, but eventually let you know "
"He added that the crimes committed by the Party Cruiser was the oil pollution because species were not affected of any kind due to the prompt response from the authorities. "
Lopez said Alan Munro settle a previous accident and fines for vessels to have knowledge that acts attached to the law and who have security measures required and proper use of the criteria for navigation at sea.
"The penalty may be strong because it must take many things into account, including not only environmental impact and the damage being caused to the town of Puerto Peñasco is going to be a slump in tourism and such actions can not be happening. "
Sonora federal delegate acknowledged that the termination of sanctions and fines on the boat of "Fiesta Cruiser" will be taken no later than February 2012, "The coming year we will have a resolution on no later than February," he said.

Comments: No comments
" Umpire
Mayor Alejandro Zepeda Receives recognition of Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce "

ADVERTISING SALES

jerry

I think the border wait fear plays a bigger part in the downturn than people think it does.You can't count on not being stuck for hours...

The Fiesta hasn't moved yet because they can't locate that band that played while out on the cruises... can't cruise without the tunes...

Also... Sherman has his new boat here... (this isn't comfirmed but I was told he was in Guymas picking up this boat when he was supposed to be here moving the Fiesta)

The first time I drove by the marina to get a look at his new boat I didn't notice it because it is a converted shrimp boat and it blends in well with all the others at the mulle (docks)... although it can be seen and it is the same boat that Roberto mentioned in the website link in his Google post...

AZ ROB

It was still there as of last weekend. I will hold strong Sink the Fiesta and start a reef project not only for fish population (cant drag nets over boats) but also for diving The town could see a boom in divers wanting warmer water than Ca. and a shorter travel time of say Fla. or Cozumel.

Roberto

Sea Sez: The Fiesta hasn't moved yet because they can't locate that band that played while out on the cruises... can't cruise without the tunes...

I had a similar problem last week. I went to the Santa Fe to shop and when I left the parking lot director was no where to be seen and I did not know how to pull out. I waited 30 minutes and he returned, stood directly behind my truck as usual, blew his whistle and motioned with his arms and was perfectly positioned next to the driver's side window when I pulled out of the parking place. I hope I don' t have that problem again, the milk was getting warm.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Wahoo, I dont know how to read (understand) your comment to me. I will say so it is clear that Naomi and I love our town and all of the people and things we come in contact with everyday. It is a great place to be as a fifty something year old man who loves freedom, opportunity, love, and of course making his wife happy she is married to him! Life is great here in Penasco!................Never going back to the old way of doing things, eyes open - future wonderful!