Rocky Point Talk Cook Book

I'll do that, thanks Russ. Here's another suggestion, for what it's worth. If anyone here has the software for creating PDF files, the book could be put together that way and that would create another option for potential buyers. They could download the file for a price instead of buying a printed book, and print it out themselves. That would potentially save some money on printing costs and might even lead to more sales.

Just a thought.

Edited to ask what email address should recipes be sent to? I couldn't find one on the Shutterfly site where it gave instructions...
If you have Microsoft Office....MS Word (2003 and 2007 versions) has a way to do that....it's under the "Save As" menu item, it may also be when you go to print...you can print to Adobe PDF (I have both options...but that may be because of some other software I have).

I think we either need to make this a sticky thread or decide on one specific go-to place for organizing this (the Shutterfly site?), and make a sticky for that. Then I can plug it in The Tides and we can all do the same on Facebook, with a specific location to send folks to. Your thoughts?

Terry, if you have Adobe Acrobat and know how to use it, would you be willing (and have the time) to put it together if everyone decided to go that route?

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, Stuart posted it a while back. I don't remember which year Super Bowl it was but that's where I first saw it. I have always loved that commercial!

joester

2 salty dawgs
just seeing this thread - been away for a while, not logging on.
so where do I send my lazy green enchiladas recipe?
it's been published in one other cookbook, one put together by land surveyors - don't ask :)
No, I was not involved with the creation. It ending up selling for $20 - I think you are
all onto a way better thing with the proceeds going to charity.
let us know where to send these recipes, and get in line to order a book!

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Anything come of this? Or did it go the way of ... ... wait for it ... mañana? mexco labor day wknd 08 100.jpg:chef:

El Gato

You can use www.createspace.com to publish the cook book - then they only print/charge when a copy is bought - won't make a lot of money however, but comes out with a very finished product - depending what you put into it of course GIGO.

jerry

Tessoro at Las Conchas Shit sandwich....plenty of bread and yet you can still taste the pungent.......

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
"Puerto Penasco Pollo" Soup:

ingredients:

1 pack "Sabor de Pollo" Ramen Soup
1 dirty plastic bowl of water

preparation:

rinse dirty bowl with sink water for 30 seconds, just to kill the bacteria from previous preparations.
empty contents of ramen package into now clean bowl
fill with water
place in dirty microwave and cook 2 and a half minutes

enjoy heartburn and your salt intake for the week, in one bowl of soup.