Rosy's Restaurant

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
We really like Kaffee Haus, and even though I had a bad feeling about wait times, we tried to go on Sunday morning around 10am. There were already 20+ people waiting outside and we were told the wait was over an hour. I think from now on, unless they expand we will only try to go on a "down day" like Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyway, my wife suggested Rosy's which we had seen many times but never tried. We now wonder why we waited so long. It was bustling with both gringos and locals, and even though it was busy we immediately got a table. We got a couple omelettes and some chilaquiles and everything was great- big portions and piping hot.

At least from this experience, I would highly recommend for breakfast.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
From my experience Rosy's can be hit or miss. We have been there about 7-8 times (mostly for lunch), 4 times it was pretty good the other times not so good.
Biggest complaint was the girls serving us paid more attention to their phones than the customers. The food was only OK, not a lot of food.
My local friend with us was so mad he told me to not leave a tip our last visit
We have't been back for 2 years now so maybe based on Marty's experience I will try it again.

audsley

Well Known Member
I've been to Kaffee Haus once, a year ago, based on recommendations here. I found it ok but nothing special, and why go to a Wisconsin-style restaurant in Mexico, especially given the wait times and tight parking? I'd rather find a Mexican restaurant that opened really early. I know, good luck on that one.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
We really like Kaffee Haus, and even though I had a bad feeling about wait times, we tried to go on Sunday morning around 10am. There were already 20+ people waiting outside and we were told the wait was over an hour. I think from now on, unless they expand we will only try to go on a "down day" like Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyway, my wife suggested Rosy's which we had seen many times but never tried. We now wonder why we waited so long. It was bustling with both gringos and locals, and even though it was busy we immediately got a table. We got a couple omelettes and some chilaquiles and everything was great- big portions and piping hot.

At least from this experience, I would highly recommend for breakfast.
We always go to Rosy’s every trip, love it!