RP Times Newspaper

Terry C

Is the Rocky Point Times News Paper still around? The link takes you to Paw Prints with Nancy Phelan's adoptions.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Is the Rocky Point Times News Paper still around? The link takes you to Paw Prints with Nancy Phelan's adoptions.
Their site is poorly maintained but that is their site, if you look it is a writing about Phelans animal care not her site. http://rptimes.com/ This site is built on word press which is little more than a blogsphere. A little further down the page you will see a story about the El Golfo run. So yes they are here just not up-to-date on the web presence. Maybe we can help fix that for them??????

jerry

They were taking condo ad money at the end of the bubble when they had to know things were not as advertized

InkaRoads

cronopiador
the newspaper is still coming out in a monthly basis, the internet site, as Russ says, it is poorly maintained and is behind.

This site is built on word press which is little more than a blogsphere.
Hey, are you saying that blogs are necessarily somehow inferior to non-blog sites? I resemble that remark! :)

Actually Wordpress is an excellent content management system-- if you know how to use it properly. Most commonly it is used as a plain blogging platform, but it is easily expanded ("easily" being a relative term) to be much more. You'd be surprised by some of the websites that use Wordpress as a base. I'll probably use it myself once I get around to moving from Blogspot to a real website and domain name. Double dog dare you to dismiss me as little more than a "blogsphere" when I do. :lol:

Seriously, RP Times was always awful at keeping up their website, and though the "theme" they chose is super easy to maintain (and modify), they don't seem to "get it" about the Internet, and the site does not look at all professional. They should either learn to do it right (Rosie did!) or give it up, IMO. :notme:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Hey, are you saying that blogs are necessarily somehow inferior to non-blog sites? I resemble that remark! :)

Actually Wordpress is an excellent content management system-- if you know how to use it properly. Most commonly it is used as a plain blogging platform, but it is easily expanded ("easily" being a relative term) to be much more. You'd be surprised by some of the websites that use Wordpress as a base. I'll probably use it myself once I get around to moving from Blogspot to a real website and domain name. Double dog dare you to dismiss me as little more than a "blogsphere" when I do. :lol:

Seriously, RP Times was always awful at keeping up their website, and though the "theme" they chose is super easy to maintain (and modify), they don't seem to "get it" about the Internet, and the site does not look at all professional. They should either learn to do it right (Rosie did!) or give it up, IMO. :notme:
No offense Huerita, we also use wordpress but we also have static sites that are pretty easy to manage. If the powers at Rocky Point times would extend their reach beyond the paper edition and get serious about their web presence I think it would make a big difference right now and for sure into the future as things (eithere will or not) turn around from a economic standpoint. I think wordpress is great and easy to update but there is nothing wrong having it attached to a static information site which would require only general housecleaning once in a while. One guy I worked with wuold write his stories in a format which was used both for his print edition as well as his web presence. One story gets posted to all of his social networks as well as ISSUU which was a great program for reading news online. Sorry if my post seemed out of touch but if you have a web presence you have to keep it up-to-date. Thats all Rambling over and out! Que tenga buen dia! By the way I love your stuff for what its worth!

Last edited:

Roberto

I don't think the the RP Times internet site has EVER been even marginally functional. The office is only open a couple of days a week and the page count is down. It seems that Tom O'Hare is running things at the paper on a day to day basis. His wife and daughter used to be in the office every time I went in past years but not recently. He made some comment in his editorial section that they were both off on other ventures. They have been an institution in Penasco for many years. And they have never been what you might call a Newspaper, with hard, informative news. They are a promotion publication designed to make money from advertising and make no bones about it. I really don't think they would promote something that they knew to be completely bogus, but it is not their place to decide if an 'investment' is good or not.