RV Neededw

Jon12

Need to buy a good 5th W or trailer to keep permanently in RP. Should be in good shape. We can drive down and see it in September. Let us know.

Roberto

Well Known Member
There are sometimes some offered for sale at the storage lots. You really need to come down and drive around as there is no place they are advertised. You will have a better selection in Arizona.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
I'm sure PDO has some they want to unload? There have been a lot that were abandoned back when everyone got scared!

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
how much does it cost to leave a trailer hooked up for a year down there...full hookups
Don't know. We store ours in their storage lot across the street. Call or email when we are planning on going down and they pull it over and set it up.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Do you mean Whale Hill Rv?
No, but they might have some too. PDO is on Mariano Matamoros. Continue South on Campeche until you get to the stop sign and turn left, go about a tenth of mile and PDO will be on your right. Don't know if they have a US phone, the wife takes care of that. They have a website!

Jon12

Going to Rky Pt. next week looking to buy RV. How does purchase work - don't want to carry cash. What about getting mechanical check before buying. All new to me. A y help welcome.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Odds are the seller will live in the states, Arizona most likely, so you can meet there for final payment. I would bring along a cashier's check, enough to make a meaningful deposit. Be sure the person you are dealing with actually owns the RV. If you see something you like have the current owner set it up and run all the systems . AC, fridge, heat, electrical appliances and lights.

Again, I say better to buy in Arizona and have someone haul it down. If an RV has been here for years it might be in really bad condition. the odds are not good finding a nice one here. If its a good one they will take it to Az to sell. If it's been sitting around here for years they will dump it. here. Locals are concerned more about cost than condition.

Roberto

Well Known Member
That might happen but if it is a nice one it will not be easy to sell here. Geoff at Boarder Movers will bring it down from AZ if you buy one there. Probabaly other also. Bringing it across is not a big deal. Just do not say you are leaving it in Mexico !!