RV Neededw

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Got pulled over with border in sight. Got all our money. Never ends.
Sorry to hear that! On a lighter note, did you find a trailer, since I believe this was what this thread was about? Like Terry said, we all would like to hear the story. So we all can avoid the same misfortune. Headed down tomorrow any info would be appreciated.

Jon12

Heard from MGM at the Reef that there is very little storage left in Rocky Pt. The noise was constant at Playa Bonita and the Reef would've been the same We decided that idea is over. The Mx police stopped hs on MX side outside Sonoyta.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
On your defense Roberto, things just don't make a whole lot of sense with this story. Jon might have got "Shookdown" North of the border??

Jon12

6 times in 20 years of baja and mainland travel. I get it. The guys see a mark and tell him he is speeding. You know you are being scammed. At this point I don't even think much about it except the US version in New Mexico last year when I'm pulled over for going 70 in a 55 in the middle of bloody NOWHERE and it is clear that the bust is to boost the coffers of a rural county that has few options for revenue.Happens nearly every trip thru Modoc County CA. SOOOO...I guess I would rather be shaken down in a completely " honest" shakedown in MX than a bullshit speed trap in the US. The New Mexico shakedown raised my insurance rates. The Sonoyta shakedown did not. I don't really mind buying those dudes lunch. What a game.

Roberto

Well Known Member
On your defense Roberto, things just don't make a whole lot of sense with this story. Jon might have got "Shookdown" North of the border??
It's my compulsiveness. Good to know the facts. Could have been shook down anywhere. South of the border is the best guess but still a guess.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Personally, given the way things are for most Mexicans. I favor the curb payment. Friend, hard worker was driving an old veicle with old plates. Got stopped and could have had his vehicle impounded with fine and storage payments that there was no way he could make. He would lose his car. Cop said a number, friend turned out his pockets and said look all I have is 5 pesos. Cop took it and let him go so he got to keep his car !! Great investment for 5 pesos. He could not get to work otherwise.