RV PARKING RATES IN ROCKY PIONT TAKING A 29 % INCREASE

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ALL BEACH RV PARKING AREAS WILL BE TAKING AN OUTRAGEOUS PRICE PRICE INCREASE AS OF January 1, 2020. THIS AMOUNTS TO AN INCREASE OF $ 144.00 DOLLARS PER MONTH, BEACHFRONT SPACES WILL BE RAISED TO A WHOPPING $ 850.00 PER MONTH
These rates are posted for two of the parks who stat that all of the oceanfront parks will be the same
We have already been told by many folks that have been coming here for years that they will not be returning to Puerto Penasco for their Winters. Wee also in that group.
We have been coming to this park for many years and have made so many great friends that we will dearly miss. To all of you thank you so much for your friendship.

Casablanca

I am really sorry to hear that.
Do you know what prompted this insanity?
I guess after we learned that women and babies were the victims of this senseless violence, everyone decided to move to Mexico and the authorities decided to control the incoming crowds by raising the prices.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Well, politics may be at play here! Linda, the owner of the park, is married to the Mayor

A few years back she tried to do an increase similar to this. We told them we would be pulling out if the price increases. I again posted this information on the net and many many others not here sent them notices of cancellation of their reservations. I went to the office and told them they would loose about $ 10,000.00 if they did it and they did even changing their minds and not increasing the rate. Many folks went to other places because of their attitude.

I later went to the office and tried to let them know the proper way to increase and not ^&* off clients. I gave them a structured increase based on time of stay. Daily went up $5.00 per day, weekly up $25.00 per week and monthly up $65.00 per month. Regular seasonal monthly $35.00 or $40.00 per month.

The following years increase again at %20 on short time stayers and % 10 on seasonals .

But as you see, I am just a stupid business person and we are out of here.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Can you tell me the rates total for Daily, weekly, monthly , annually back from the beach?? Thank You

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
I think beachfront is $26 a night and regular spots are $22 a night. Don't know weekly or monthly. I know my wife said yearly storage is going from $45 a month up to $55 a month.

Petrose

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ALL BEACH RV PARKING AREAS WILL BE TAKING AN OUTRAGEOUS PRICE PRICE INCREASE AS OF January 1, 2020. THIS AMOUNTS TO AN INCREASE OF $ 144.00 DOLLARS PER MONTH, BEACHFRONT SPACES WILL BE RAISED TO A WHOPPING $ 850.00 PER MONTH
These rates are posted for two of the parks who stat that all of the oceanfront parks will be the same
We have already been told by many folks that have been coming here for years that they will not be returning to Puerto Penasco for their Winters. Wee also in that group.
We have been coming to this park for many years and have made so many great friends that we will dearly miss. To all of you thank you so much for your friendship.
According to the Facebook link above, current beach front is $900 a month, not $850 someday.

Roberto

Well Known Member
So if I had some nice high spots a block from the beach, think they would rent for say $750 plus metered electricity??

Roberto

Well Known Member
Oh. Did not realize all that was included. No way I would do it without metering the electricity. Not with the rates here. Thanks for the information !

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Local scuttlebutt is many may not be coming back. Outrageous increases, price-fixing between all parks and poor quality park maintenance. lead to a loss of money. Also, the park washrooms in one of the buildings has such old and not maintained equipment the cleaning quality is poor if they even work at all. The dryers that run do not dry. And do they care, no?

There is construction directly from us that should have been done in the Summer. It is noisy with equipment trucks delivering block, sand, tile and of course the concrete truck at before 8: am And the workers talking loud and cutting block and tile with power saws. I went to the office and ask or a little discount due to the above. "Well I don't think so", he said.

Greed without concern for the clients

VegasDude

We too have seen the severe increase in rates recently. We've been rv'ing here since 2004 and have watched the smaller rv parks, Elegante, La Hoya De Cortez , Bonita, close up because of progress? building of high rises? violence/ fear of returning to mexico? Choose one or all. We watched as the remaining 3 larger rv parks nearly closed due to lack of business, although Playa Bonita did stay fairly busy. Make no mistake, we come to Rocky Point so we can park our rv at the beach for a reasonable price. We formerly paid $700.00 by the month for beach parking and full hookups. That was reasonable...... for beach front. Prices have now recently changed to $1080 for the same spot, more for others. Each has to decide if this no longer meets their budget. We've already had some of our long time Canadian friends stop coming for their 3 or 4 month say because of the price increases and the value of the canadian dollar and travel cost to get to Rocky Point. Over the years there has been "ups and downs" with regards to americans traveling to rocky point. A few years back there was an uptick in american travel resulting in full capacity rv parks. The price was raised right after that. Last year, capacity at the parks "seemed" to be down. Someone else may know this better than me. I must say we saw a full rv park over at the dry camp next to the Playa Bonita. Is Price the reason?? We'll be back in February 2020, not sure for how much longer and price of rv spots will be one of the factors we look at. I get it, the rv parks have to remain competitive......but.
Going to be interesting to see how many rv'ers show up winter 2020, especially after the last national news making shooting/violence.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We too have seen the severe increase in rates recently. We've been rv'ing here since 2004 and have watched the smaller rv parks, Elegante, La Hoya De Cortez , Bonita, close up because of progress? building of high rises? violence/ fear of returning to mexico? Choose one or all. We watched as the remaining 3 larger rv parks nearly closed due to lack of business, although Playa Bonita did stay fairly busy. Make no mistake, we come to Rocky Point so we can park our rv at the beach for a reasonable price. We formerly paid $700.00 by the month for beach parking and full hookups. That was reasonable...... for beach front. Prices have now recently changed to $1080 for the same spot, more for others. Each has to decide if this no longer meets their budget. We've already had some of our long time Canadian friends stop coming for their 3 or 4 month say because of the price increases and the value of the canadian dollar and travel cost to get to Rocky Point. Over the years there has been "ups and downs" with regards to americans traveling to rocky point. A few years back there was an uptick in american travel resulting in full capacity rv parks. The price was raised right after that. Last year, capacity at the parks "seemed" to be down. Someone else may know this better than me. I must say we saw a full rv park over at the dry camp next to the Playa Bonita. Is Price the reason?? We'll be back in February 2020, not sure for how much longer and price of rv spots will be one of the factors we look at. I get it, the rv parks have to remain competitive......but.
Going to be interesting to see how many rv'ers show up winter 2020, especially after the last national news making shooting/violence.

I have over 150 Rvers coming in Feb and Mar in 2020. Shootings and mayhem happen..it's funny to me that nobody remembers what happened in Las Vegas not too long ago when 60 were killed at a concert....Vegas was hurt for about a week then the people started pouring in again..Perception has a lot to do with everything it seems.

VegasDude

"
I have over 150 Rvers coming in Feb and Mar in 2020. Shootings and mayhem happen..it's funny to me that nobody remembers what happened in Las Vegas not too long ago when 60 were killed at a concert....Vegas was hurt for about a week then the people started pouring in again..Perception has a lot to do with everything it seems."

Hopefully that will help the economy for Rocky point. Unfortunately prices still going up as we travel to rocky point for our 16th year.

richwi

Well Known Member
Unfortunately prices will continue to go up as long as enough people are willing to pay them. Basic supply and demand. The thing that will offset that is if fewer people are willing to come and pay the higher prices.

joester

2 salty dawgs
We just paid $189 for a beachfront week at PDO - $27/nite. Not sure what rates will be in 2020.
Sad to see our friends in #50 leaving, but understandable with the rate increase. The money spent on the bar that's being built near the abandoned boat ramp, could have been spent on upgrading the restrooms, utilities and showers. There are lots of things I'll never understand about Mexico.
We still love the people and the Mirador beach, and plan on returning next Thanksgiving.