RV parts, salvage yard?

joester

2 salty dawgs
Does anyone know if there's a good salvage yard for RV parts? In RP, or anywhere in Arizona would be fine. I need a control switch for my Dometic fridge RM 2804.
The Dometic part # is 2931226019. Many thanks if anyone has a lead on this part.

joester

2 salty dawgs
thanks, but its not the igniter, but the control switch - on/off/gas/electric. I have some corrosion where the connectors are.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Stardeck Industries (951) 270-0051 in Corona Ca. They will ship you any parts you need. Was Walts RV largest surplus RV parts in the world. They used to be in Quartsite and Parker also.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
There is a big RV salvage place in Phoenix, don't remember the name?? I think you're probably better off buying a new one.

joester

2 salty dawgs
thanks for the replies. I'm done looking for a new switch - there just aren't any out there - no longer made, and out of stock. Right now, fridge is working, but I'm not confident it will light the next time I want to start it and get ready to use the RV. It's a 1991 Tioga, we bought it in 1997 - we've gotten good use out of it, and in November put 2K of new Michelins on it. I really don't want to put another 2K into it for a new fridge, but if we have to....... might just do it. It's the only big ticket item left to replace.
Stay safe, stay healthy.

cgaddie

Does anyone know if there's a good salvage yard for RV parts? In RP, or anywhere in Arizona would be fine. I need a control switch for my Dometic fridge RM 2804.
The Dometic part # is 2931226019. Many thanks if anyone has a lead on this part.
I just happened to see your post from June today while I was doing research on a part we have in inventory. If you are still needing this part #29312226019 we have one left. Our business is Thomas & Sons RV Supply in Springfield, MO. 65803. If you are still needing this part you can email me at [email protected]. Our website is www.thomassonsrv.com.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Carol,
I sent you an email - thank you.
It would be nice to not have to have 2 people to light the fridge, but it still works lighting it manually.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Waiting to find out from my mechanic how much this install would cost. Didn't think part would be so very expensive.