Sad news

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Tom Ohare has passed. Here is what his daughter posted on facebook this morning.

Rocky Point Times Newspaper

It is with a heavy heart that I post news about the passing of our Editor, Father, Husband and friend Thomas Nelson O'Hare III. He passed away yesterday. Not only is our family experiencing a tremendous loss, but Rocky Point has lost a great promoter and someone who truly loved living there. I am sorry we didn't contact many of you personally, but I hope you will all understand. I could write a thousand page eulogy about my Father but you all know what a great man he was. He was loved by us and by many whose lives he touched. Rest in peace Tom and party your ass off. We love you and will miss you dearly!

dmcauley

I remember when he beat cancer 12 or so years ago and he had a pretty good run. I hope that is not what he had but it doesn't much matter now, he is gone and he will be truly missed by all of us friends and the many who only knew him from the RPT.
Goodbye old friend, sorry I haven't raised a glass with you in such a long time but you will always be in a special part of my heart. Say hi to Curly, Jon and Guapo when you arrive, they will be happy to see you.

MIRAMAR

I'm sorry to hear this- we loved reading the Rocky Point Times, and appreciated all he did for the city of Penasco.

TICO-T

Tom O'Hare got me in touch with Dr. Ernesto Grijalva...a wonderful dentist/oral surgeon.
Thanks again Mr. O'Hare! See you in heaven.

Tom O'Hare got me in touch with Dr. Ernesto Grijalva...a wonderful dentist/oral surgeon.
Thanks again Mr. O'Hare! See you in heaven.
Tom's article was what pointed me to Dr. Grijalva as well. Tom's articles over the years were an anchor -- part of how we connected with Rocky Point. I never met him personally, nor knew that he was ill. But this news was like a punch in the mid-section.