Sad xmas songs

Thanks for posting three great songs Jerry. I saw John Prine last month in Tucson at the Fox. He performed this song. Sad, but good song by Tom Waits. He is an x-coastie also. His was not an Hororable Discharge however. Long forgotten Joni Mitchell song. Sound just like all of songs. Still nice. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

jerry

X,,,Man i wanted to see that show.that's the kind of show they should have more of at the Fox.They always try to charge phoenix prices at the Fox and we are more a Rialto priced type of town.

I think that the price was priced at the Phoenix cost. It was more for me, as I drove down from Phoenix. Stayed at the old Hotel Congress just across the street from the Ritalto. The weedend was fun and the show was great. John Prine has aged into his songs.

Kenny

Opie's step brother.

I think that the price was priced at the Phoenix cost. It was more for me, as I drove down from Phoenix. Stayed at the old Hotel Congress just across the street from the Ritalto. The weedend was fun and the show was great. John Prine has aged into his songs.
I hadn't seen him in a few years Coastie, and I was disappointed when Jerry told me he was in town the same weekend I was in Tucson at the track for the Western World. I most alway's take his CD's down to Jerry's when I go there.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8

He did not do In Spite of Ourself, but wat be do was great. Saw him in 76' at the Celebrity. This was by far the best. What ever you do, see him next time. He played in Flag prior to Phoenix and Tucson.

Roberto

Daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenburg County, down by the Green River where Paradise lay? Sorry my son but you're too late in asking, Mr. Peabodies coal train done hauled it away.

Coming from the coal regions in the Appalachian Mts of Pa. that's the saddest song ever writ. Still makes me cry.

JimMcG

I remember you touching on those days on the old forum and enjoyed it then. Don't let us dwell on sadness, however. Next year will be a better year all the way around and it just depends on us. Enjoy the holidays and prepare for a great new year everyone.:cheers: