Sagarpa-brining dog into Mexico.

mel150

hi- we just arrived last week with our dog, we're living here now. We have an international certificate of health for him, and all his vaccination documentation. I saw something on a website that says, Upon arrival in Mexico, you must go to the Office of Agricultural Health Inspection (Sagarpa) with the mascot and its documents. That office is in Sonoita. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

A

azbeachboy

I bring my dog every trip and have never been asked for anything on either side of the border. I do keeps her shot records in the glovebox.

jerry

Give your dog a baptism of fireworks so you know how he will react.I have to put my dog Leggo in the closet when the big stuff is going off.

F

FIESTAFROG

its all crap. I take my dogs every time and no questions on either side. Ive even brought mexico dogs back. No one gives a crap

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
All I know is Mexican dogs will kick US dog ass any day. You see these 3 legged dogs with ears missing from fights and eating nothing but leftover tamales and taco's and they all seem to live to a ripe old age. compared to the $1000 yorkie who needs it's special diet food in order to survive without an ulcer. I would love to see a story of one of these US dogs getting lost in Mexico (maybe an animated cartoon or something).

mel150

ha-ha no kidding, I make sure my dog doesn't try to get his pansy ass in a fight. :D Although the locals seem a little nervous about him (they say he looks like a wolf), the local dogs know he's just a sissy city dog from Canada.

Jim

Cats are just as scrappy here. I have a friend with a cat who is so friendly to them but anyone else, especially a dog, and this thing turns into a maniac. His head is about twice the size of his wirey body and one of his ears is chewed 3/4 off. He lives outside and has kicked the crap out of my brothers white lab. He still has the scars.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I used to bring my Cockers down all the time. I couldn't leave them tied up outside for fear they would get beat up or disappear. I had people tell me they were the prettiest dogs and they couldn't get them down here............ Yeah, I kept them right with me the whole time.

Some of you know I adopted a little Mexi-cat in May of '07 when I closed up the Cove. He has turned into a great cat, but he acts like a dog. He comes when you call him, he jumps up into the chair when you pat it and he licks you when you pet him. He will also eat anything. I mean anything, lettuce, mushrooms, grapes and bread. Blue cheese dressing and carrots! He is soooo wierd! But sooo cute!