Sail shop

cholla

We bought a Hobie 16 and it came with 2 sets of sails, one in good shape and one prettier and needing some work. Does anyone know of a sail shop in Penasco?

Bob Oso

I've kept a catamaran in Cholla for years and still do. I've also had the sail problems, mine were just seam failures needing sewing. The only place (guy) I found that did a fairly good job was located across the street from the enterance of the big hardware store located on Revolucion. Stand at the enterance on the side of the building, look across the street and a couple doors down to the left.

Good luck, and if your ever looking for some to go out with let me know, love sailing.

cholla

I've kept a catamaran in Cholla for years and still do. I've also had the sail problems, mine were just seam failures needing sewing. The only place (guy) I found that did a fairly good job was located across the street from the enterance of the big hardware store located on Revolucion. Stand at the enterance on the side of the building, look across the street and a couple doors down to the left.

Good luck, and if your ever looking for some to go out with let me know, love sailing.
Thanks for the information, I will try them when we are down spring break.
Are you the bodyshop guy fron prescott?

Bob Oso

No, I'm the drunk from Phx....lol

FYI, this is not a shop/store, it's a house with a guy and his sewing machine in the living room. You might have to poke around a little bit, but you should be able to find him.

BTW, what color are your sails and hull, when I'm down next time I'll look for you. I assume you sail it mostly Cholla Bay, right?

cholla

The hull is blue over white and the sails are blue on the bottom fading to white on the top. The sail that I want repaired is more of a rainbow theme.
Yes I plan to sail in Cholla bay, although we haven't yet, spring break is coming soon and we will be there then.:party:

gatorboy

The sailstore.com has quality sails at reasonable prices. I've bought several for my sunfish. If you get to Tucson, Baca Upholstry on S 4th Ave. does great work at very reasonable prices

Bob Oso

Cholla, Did you ever get your sail issue figured out? Were you able to find anyone one in RP, or did you have to go back to the states?

cholla

No, I haven't done anything with the sail yet. We were down for a week at spring break and I don't think we ever left Cholla Bay more that once. We sailed with the other set and had a lot of fun. Maybe next time we go down, I will look up the guy you recommended. I still want to use the colorful sails.

John