Salt to Fresh water 1964 video awesome!

El Gato

Would you please ask him if he knew a Bob and Chavela Gehrandt? If he was ever at the Playa Hermosa (Hector's) he probably did. One time they all had a major Halloween Party at Hector's and everyone dressed up. My Dad and his best friend dressed up as twin women - REALLY large women as both were about 6'2". Wonder if pictues of that party exist?

His father was mayor, and they've lived in Penasco since 1964 (they're our neighbors). They would have some GREAT old pictures.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Playa and his fatcat friends built a Besal plant at Las Conchas a few years back.As I remember it they forgot to buy the land and the thing ended up in boxes in a Vegas warehouse.The real hope is a US/Mexico joint plant.
I should write an Rocky Point Investment Guide, How I Turned $15,000.00 INTO $1390.00 WITHOUT EVEN TRYING. Just by investing in a Desal Plant. A couple more good deals like that and I will be broke.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
They, also grew hydroponic tomatoes using the water from that system, but I think they had the nutrient mix screwed up because the tomatoes were 100% flavorless.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Playa and his fatcat friends built a Besal plant at Las Conchas a few years back.As I remember it they forgot to buy the land and the thing ended up in boxes in a Vegas warehouse.The real hope is a US/Mexico joint plant.
Another thing they forgot, besides the land, was who was writing the checks. Thats why there aren't too many checks being written in RP nowdays. What a fricken joke

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Wow! Just Wow! Yes, that was the old Hotel Playa Hermosa. So many memories. And Miramar, thanks to you I will not be cleaning my house this weekend... LOL! I can't wait to read the stories. I really should post my own. Some of them will have you all rolling on the floor, laughing! A garden hose shower, vicegrips for a shifter on a Cadillac, a toilet plumbed with hot water.......Escaping La Caba thru a window when a bar fight broke out....I'll tell the stories. Russ, that was wonderful. I can't wait to see more. What a trip down Memory Lane. Miramar, I have so many memories of the Villa Granada. I promise you all I will tell some of my stories here. "IF" I ever get to retire, I will write a book...

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Wow! Just Wow! Yes, that was the old Hotel Playa Hermosa. So many memories. And Miramar, thanks to you I will not be cleaning my house this weekend... LOL! I can't wait to read the stories. I really should post my own. Some of them will have you all rolling on the floor, laughing! A garden hose shower, vicegrips for a shifter on a Cadillac, a toilet plumbed with hot water.......Escaping La Caba thru a window when a bar fight broke out....I'll tell the stories. Russ, that was wonderful. I can't wait to see more. What a trip down Memory Lane. Miramar, I have so many memories of the Villa Granada. I promise you all I will tell some of my stories here. "IF" I ever get to retire, I will write a book...
Villa granada was the first place I ever got drunk, 15 years old and they were serving me in the old piano bar.