Sam's club and local impact to residents.

Since I've been living under a rock for a few years, Lagrimas85 informed me there is a Sam's Club now. I would have never thought in all my years going down, since late 80's, that would ever happen.

I'm curious as to the impact it has had on residents/jobs/business'/and restaurants. I know when "good" comes to town often times "bad" isn't far behind, and vice versa.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I don't think Sams hurt the little guy's too much, they quit selling egg's, they have very little produce and the rest of what they carry is a little high end, for most people here.....

courtesy of carnac

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
not even OXXO has hurt the little abarrotes, maybe just the few that happen to be close by, as the OXXOs are in the main drags and far away from the rest of the people that uses the real abarrotes stores, if you drive in to the real RP you do not see the OXXO as you see them around the touristic/old town areas plus they do not carry the real necessities as abbarrotes stores do

marybna

I shop at Sam all the time at home. But have only gone there once in RP. We just come for a few days. I love the bakery at Walmart and the salsa at Leys and I have it made.

marybna

I was thinking about RP before my Sonoran Spa was finished. WE shopped at all these little places and had to go to 2 or 3 before we got all the thngs we needed. Then Leys came to town. I could find everything I needed in one place. We loved the produce and deli. Then came Santa Fe and now I do not worry about finding anything except decaf coffee.