Sam's Club Fraud / Bogus Guarantee

I would normally not use a forum like this to trash a business, but I am very angry about the treatment my wife received at Sam’s Club. A little background on us, my wife and I have lived in Mexico for the past 7 years in cities other than Rocky Point and have found Sam's Club to be the one thing that reminded us of home. Having lived in Rocky Point since February, we were very pleased to learn that we would soon have a local Sam’s Club. We were one of the first in line last Friday for the grand opening. We were pleased to see that the Sam’s in Rocky Point also offered their 200% guarantee stating;

You’ll love our highest-quality fresh meat, seafood, produce and bakery or we’ll double your money back.”

One thing we have grown to love over the years is Sam’s rotisserie chicken. For $65.00 pesos or so, it is a complete meal for the entire family. Last evening, we purchased two chickens and brought them home. I was very saddened when both were completely inedible. Although I am not sure what went wrong, they were not the tasty chickens we have come to love.

For the first time in our seven year history with Sam’s Club, I instructed my wife to return to the store in order to exercise my 200% guarantee. What transpired was nothing short of a nightmare. Despite having our receipt and politely discussing the issue, store manager Luis Manuel Gonzalez refused to honor the guarantee. In the end, he blamed us, the customer, for the problem. Luis Manuel Gonzalez lectured us that different employees at various times all cook the chicken differently so the taste will never be the same.

After lengthy argument, he finally offered us a single replacement chicken, only to find out that did not have any. After demanding some form of resolution, we finally received a refund. In this day and age when it is so hard to attract new customers, one would think honoring your written guarantee would be a simple procedure.

It may be a simple little chicken, but I refuse to give my business to any company who so clearly draws you in with promises of complete satisfaction only to turn their back on you the first time you voice a complaint in 7 years. Clearly customer service was not part of Luis Manuel Gonzalez training. I will take my business back to Ley, prices are better and they seem to appreciate my business.

Kenny

Alright, OK.:notme: I'm going to stuff it, but it ain't easy.

Can't do it.. Boy I can't wait till Rocky Point gets a Castle Boutique.:eek:

Kenny

Boutique or the megastore?
Neither actually.... What I envisioned was people starting out by saying, "I would normally not use a forum like this to trash a business, but I am very angry about the treatment we received at the new Castle Boutique here in PP". Now I've bought Banana flavored

Last edited:
I will be the first to admit this may seem petty...I just find it ridiculous that the store is brand new, they have many signs in English (most of them misspelled) only to make an offer they clearly don't intend to keep. I needed a place to vent.

Kenny

I will be the first to admit this may seem petty...I just find it ridiculous that the store is brand new, they have many signs in English (most of them misspelled) only to make an offer they clearly don't intend to keep. I needed a place to vent.
Nothing personal. I just find the fact that there's a Sam's Club in PP nowadays, and that people are actually buying precooked chickens there as a sign of progress, not.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Please never buy chicken there again... go to a local establishment such as Pollo Lucas instead

playaperro

El Pirata
Please never buy chicken there again... go to a local establishment such as Pollo Lucas instead
Please do not ever instruct your wife to do anything for your candyass, you may ask her but for crying out loud for 10 bucks! Sorry benny i did not mean you!

Last edited:
Please do not ever instruct your wife to do anything for your candyass, you may ask her but for crying out loud for 10 bucks! Sorry benny i did not mean you!
Wow, gotta love the keyboard warriors. Why don't we meet in person and let's see if you say the same thing to my face.